★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NEUBIT LLC
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 14.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 5 (1)
App description: Fun word trivia game with a mix of crossword, anagrams, trivia & word puzzle

Like playing with words or letters? KOMBO Word Trivia Game is a fun game that lets you play with words and letters. It is a complete learning with fun game which mixes crosswords, anagrams, trivia and word puzzle. You get hints that describe the word. Just guess the correct word and keep learning to keep scoring. The hint also includes the number of letters the word has to help you guess the words and make the right guess. The combination of letters are also provided but with a twist. All the combination are jumbled. You need to join the combination of letters to guess the correct word. Interesting thing is as you keep guessing the words, it becomes even more easier to guess other words that follow. But HOLD ON!!! The levels get tougher as you progress and lot of surprises hidden.

The game is sure to improve your vocabulary with fun. KOMBO has been designed with great user interface and intuitive controls to give users the best feel. Discover new words every day and use them in your day to day life to increase the pace of your learning. It is a perfect app for exercising your mind and brain. The app forces you to think and motivates to keep learning.
Learning has always been fun and addictive, so is the game. You can also use this app to challenge your friends. This is the best and effective way to utilize your time and increase your general knowledge. Keep playing with words, continue leaning new words, stay tuned with KOMBO to get new and exciting features frequently.

**************************
APP HIGHLIGHTS
**************************
This awesome word trivia game is packed with a lot of amazing features
-Amazing user interface to enhance your experience
-Levels with different difficulty
-Discover new words everyday
-Perfect app to improve your word skills

So, are you ready to take the word challenge? Download this amazing word trivia game and start playing crosswords, anagrams, trivia and word puzzles.

NeuBit's comments:
Hey everyone, we are happy to announce the release of our new word puzzle game Kombo. Available now on Android, iOS, and Amazon. Kombo is a word puzzle game that is easy to play but will test your clue solving abilities. Please see the screenshots below and give the game a try. Would appreciate any and all feedback!

Apple: https://itunes.apple.com/tt/app/kombo/id1109551335?mt=8





08-24-2016, 11:38 AM
#2
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 15
Does anyone have some feedback for us? We would like to improve the game

08-24-2016, 09:56 PM
#3
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,606
Just downloaded. Honestly, I think it's pretty awesome as is. Maybe you should have a tutorial turn or something, because the game just starts with no explanation. But as soon as you answer one clue, everything makes perfect sense.

The style reminds me of Bonza, which is a great thing. Very unique and crossword-y. Definitely a solid game!

Edit: Maybe you should make the first hint the number of letters in the word. Just having the clue is usually enough to get the answer, and it would add a little extra challenge.

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace

Last edited by Jerutix; 08-24-2016 at 10:01 PM.
08-25-2016, 01:31 PM
#4
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
Just downloaded. Honestly, I think it's pretty awesome as is. Maybe you should have a tutorial turn or something, because the game just starts with no explanation. But as soon as you answer one clue, everything makes perfect sense.

The style reminds me of Bonza, which is a great thing. Very unique and crossword-y. Definitely a solid game!

Edit: Maybe you should make the first hint the number of letters in the word. Just having the clue is usually enough to get the answer, and it would add a little extra challenge.
Jerutix, thank you for the feedback! I will definitely implement some sort of tutorial for the first launch.
Regarding the number of letters in the word, this is already implemented. The blue number to the left of each clue is how many letters are in each answer.
Thanks again for the input. If you come up with anything else please let us know.
08-25-2016, 02:56 PM
#5
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuBit View Post
Regarding the number of letters in the word, this is already implemented. The blue number to the left of each clue is how many letters are in each answer.
No, I know that. I'm suggesting you take that away, and that you have to use a hint to get the numbers. It's almost too easy to have both the clues and the numbers. I know that's sort of how crossword puzzles work, but since the letters are already provided (scrambled, but they're there), I don't see why I'd really ever need a hint. Maybe I'm just good at word games, but it's just an idea.

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace
08-26-2016, 09:30 AM
#6
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
No, I know that. I'm suggesting you take that away, and that you have to use a hint to get the numbers. It's almost too easy to have both the clues and the numbers. I know that's sort of how crossword puzzles work, but since the letters are already provided (scrambled, but they're there), I don't see why I'd really ever need a hint. Maybe I'm just good at word games, but it's just an idea.
Ah, got it. That is another great suggestion. Or perhaps making this an option for players in the settings menu? Like easy mode vs hard mode which hides/shows the numbers.
And yes, I think it's just you. I find myself using hints frequently and I wrote the game! Lol

Last edited by NeuBit; 08-26-2016 at 09:33 AM.
08-26-2016, 01:58 PM
#7
Joined: Nov 2009
Location: Oklahoma
Posts: 1,606
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeuBit View Post
Ah, got it. That is another great suggestion. Or perhaps making this an option for players in the settings menu? Like easy mode vs hard mode which hides/shows the numbers.
And yes, I think it's just you. I find myself using hints frequently and I wrote the game! Lol
Yeah, a setting might work. Also, puzzle 4 (maybe 5) has a clue about 4 Old Testsment books. Should be New Testsment books - Gospels. My degrees are in Bible, so I felt it my duty to let you know!

GC & Google Play: Jerutix -- Grace and Peace
08-28-2016, 03:46 PM
#8
Suggestions

Hello, all! frisbee10461 here!

I also liked this game, but I have some suggestions as to how to improve the game.

1. Originality. I agree that this game is a lot like Bonza, and that game was very similar to 7 Little Words. I don't see how this game differs from the other two. You have a great thing here, so by implementing some of the suggestions below, it should pop.

2. More Free Puzzles. After you complete the two starter packs, the only way you can play for free is the daily free puzzle. As a suggestion, how about giving the player the ability to unlock "paid" packs if they complete a certain number of puzzles?

3. Fan-Based Puzzles? I believe this happens in Bonza, but if you used a board such as this to ask for clues, and whoever gives you the best clues will get their puzzles placed in the game.

4. Proofreading. Similar to the previous poster, when it comes to the Bible, the general concepts, such as OT vs NT should be clarified. However, you can have some fun with this as well. For example:

06 Liontamer
Daniel

05 Waterwalker
Jesus

05 Skyfood
Manna

10 Ultimate Battle Royal
Armageddon

07 First Martyr
Stephen

06 Doubter
Thomas

05 Pulled from Water
Moses

5. Current Themes
For each month, there can be theme-based puzzles. As an example, you can have a field day with

Trump vs. Clinton:

05 Rugwearer
Trump

07 Supermodel Candidate
Clinton

The Summer Olympics:

04 Sore Football Loser
Solo [Hope]

06 False Victim
Lochte

08 Marathon Nookie Diver
Oliviera

Summer Activities

11 "Manly Man" Cooking
Barbequeing

08 American Pastime
Baseball

06 Male Swimsuit Approval
Bikini

As you can see, you can make this game stand out 100%.

Beast Quest: 31/35 Quests Completed
AdVenture Capitalist: Trillionaire
09-02-2016, 09:36 AM
#9
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerutix View Post
Yeah, a setting might work. Also, puzzle 4 (maybe 5) has a clue about 4 Old Testsment books. Should be New Testsment books - Gospels. My degrees are in Bible, so I felt it my duty to let you know!
Thanks! This will be corrected in the upcoming update. Thanks again for your input.
09-02-2016, 01:07 PM
#10
Joined: May 2016
Posts: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by frisbee10461 View Post
Hello, all! frisbee10461 here!

I also liked this game, but I have some suggestions as to how to improve the game.

1. Originality. I agree that this game is a lot like Bonza, and that game was very similar to 7 Little Words. I don't see how this game differs from the other two. You have a great thing here, so by implementing some of the suggestions below, it should pop.

2. More Free Puzzles. After you complete the two starter packs, the only way you can play for free is the daily free puzzle. As a suggestion, how about giving the player the ability to unlock "paid" packs if they complete a certain number of puzzles?

3. Fan-Based Puzzles? I believe this happens in Bonza, but if you used a board such as this to ask for clues, and whoever gives you the best clues will get their puzzles placed in the game.

4. Proofreading. Similar to the previous poster, when it comes to the Bible, the general concepts, such as OT vs NT should be clarified. However, you can have some fun with this as well. For example:

06 Liontamer
Daniel

05 Waterwalker
Jesus

05 Skyfood
Manna

10 Ultimate Battle Royal
Armageddon

07 First Martyr
Stephen

06 Doubter
Thomas

05 Pulled from Water
Moses

5. Current Themes
For each month, there can be theme-based puzzles. As an example, you can have a field day with

Trump vs. Clinton:

05 Rugwearer
Trump

07 Supermodel Candidate
Clinton

The Summer Olympics:

04 Sore Football Loser
Solo [Hope]

06 False Victim
Lochte

08 Marathon Nookie Diver
Oliviera

Summer Activities

11 "Manly Man" Cooking
Barbequeing

08 American Pastime
Baseball

06 Male Swimsuit Approval
Bikini

As you can see, you can make this game stand out 100%.
Thanks frisbee, these are great suggestions. Over time we will continue to add more packs, both free and paid. I also like your idea of fan-based questions. I will have to think of a way to implement this. Lastly, mind if we use your questions/answers in the game?