★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: TETRIS® Battle Drop is a multiplayer Tetris game based on Tetris Battle, the smash-hit Facebook application that has been enjoyed by more than 50 million puzzle enthusiasts from all over the world! Featuring new intuitive touch controls, Tetris Battle Drop makes playing Tetris easier than ever before. You no longer need to touch the falling Tetrimino (block) to control it--now you can simply tap where you want to DROP it.

Game Features:

> World Battle: Play against other people in short arcade-style head-to-head matches. Try knocking out your opponent before time expires by clearing as many lines as possible. Climb your way through the Tetris Ranks by winning battles to encounter more challenging competitors all over the world. This more includes a hassle-free matchmaking system that quickly finds similarly-skilled competitors to battle against. Regardless of when you play, theres always someone waiting to join you--24/7, 365 days a year!

> Local Battle: Play face-to-face against a friend or family member using a single device. The goal is to push your opponent to the top of the Matrix, but if a winner isn't declared within the first two minutes, both players will feel the pressure of the sudden death squeeze.
08-16-2016, 11:43 PM
Why is this tablet only . Wtf

08-17-2016, 04:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayg2015 View Post
Why is this tablet only . Wtf
Good question!
08-17-2016, 11:15 PM
After playing this for half an hour last night I can tell you there wouldn't be enough room for this to work on a phone screen.
08-18-2016, 12:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bethor View Post
After playing this for half an hour last night I can tell you there wouldn't be enough room for this to work on a phone screen.
Made for people with poor eyesight then?
08-18-2016, 01:42 AM
At least is has good controls. It's not perfect but very good, especially for tetris where you have to rely on the controls to play good enough.

I disagree for the tablet only, due to enough room. They could show your column in 3/4 of the screen and the 1/4 opponent's or even smaller. You don't actually look at all on opponent's screen. Even if it was a thumbnail, it wouldn't matter. You only need to worry for opponent's lines (you have already this) and in which level of the column, the CPU / person is (bottom, top, etc).
08-18-2016, 02:02 AM
I didn't think it was possible to ruin Tetris, this control method stinks and takes the strategy out of it with the automatic rotation. Yuck
08-18-2016, 05:49 AM
I have to disagree. I think the controls are spot-on. Perfect for the frantic playstyle this requires.
08-18-2016, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCman7 View Post
I didn't think it was possible to ruin Tetris, this control method stinks and takes the strategy out of it with the automatic rotation. Yuck
Since you don't have physical buttons, the only alternative is your touch screen. It's handy in this way like they have done it. As I have said before it's not perfect but it's too playable!

Please developers put a "quit" game option when defeating an opponent. Please don't force us to quit the whole application..
08-18-2016, 11:27 AM
Oddly I've never been able to find my Tetris fix on the IOS. all the versions have been pretty shoddy. Downloaded this, have a feeling I've tried this version on android and it was quite intuitive after a while.