★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blocks Drop 2 Puzzle is OUT!!

10-14-2009, 10:28 AM
Blocks Drop 2 Puzzle Promo Codes

Our new game is out!

Last edited by BlueSolarSoftware; 11-19-2009 at 08:19 PM. Reason: promo code giveaway
10-14-2009, 10:36 AM
I would like to see a bluetooth version of this game - we mostly play bluetooth multiplayer here at work since the local wifi blocks a lot of the games.

Favorites include Flight Control and F.A.S.T.

Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post

Worst idea ever!
10-14-2009, 10:41 AM
Definitely a 1+ for bluetooth Support!

There're not many quality-bluetooth-games on the store yet, so it's a way to make your game shine..

Last edited by Pug; 10-15-2009 at 06:56 AM.
10-17-2009, 02:09 AM
Thanks for your responses. After we submit our next game (hopefully) this weekend, we'll work on multiplayer for this. We already have something rudimentary up and running, and we've been playing it in the office. We just need to make it more robust.

The next question is : What do you guys want in a multiplayer puzzle game?
Just garbage blocks thrown at your opponents? Up to 4 or 8 way bluetooth?
Special attacks or abilities? Or you just want it now?
10-18-2009, 02:51 AM
Been playing this game for a little while now, its very similiar to Tetris, the main difference being that the pieces are either longer, shorter, or the same size as in that game. The touch controls are good and overall its a nice game. Graphics are decent and the size of the gameboard is just right. There is online leaderboards to submit high scores. The one area where I think the game could use some improvement is sound. There is music and its ok I guess but I would prefer more than one music option to choose from. Sound effects are minimal, when a row clears it almost sounds like a gunshot. Not bad but maybe sampling some other cool sounds would be a good idea and even including them as options for players to choose from would be a nice addition. Maybe add some special effects when the rows clear just to juice up the presentation some more.

Right now the game is good, very playable, nothing flawed about the gameplay. If you want a Tetris style game but feel EA's mediocre Tetris isn't doing you justice, then check this game out. Ill look forward to seeing what kind of creative ideas are implemented into the game in the future. Multiplayer is good.
11-19-2009, 08:31 PM
We're about to submit an update to BD2. There's also going to be a Lite/Free version.

Changes in V2.1.0
* Reskinned graphics
* Improved layout of options screen
* Added sensitivity option
* Tweaked controls that mainly affects high level players
* New scoreboard system