★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch AU/NZ/CA/SG] Dan The Man (by Halfbrick Studios)

08-19-2016, 10:28 AM
[Soft Launch AU/NZ/CA/SG] Dan The Man (by Halfbrick Studios)

Dan The Man

Halfbrick Studios
Genres: Games Action Arcade
GAME CENTER ENABLED
Free

Quote:
BAM! POW! HEEYAAAAA!

The creators of Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride are turning up the tempo with a hard-hitting brawler that will send your enemies flying! Are you ready to kick it old school?

THE STORY SO FAR:

A village lies in peril. An evil organisation has emerged from the shadows. Your girlfriend, Josie, is fighting for survival. Can Dan the Man save the day? Only time will tell!

THE MISSION AT HAND:

Punch, kick, and blast your way through 12 action-packed levels in this nail-biting platformer based on the hilarious web series by Studio JOHO.

KEY FEATURES:

- Bone-crunching boss fights
- Intense hand-to-hand combat
- Breathtaking pixel art and retro 8-bit soundtrack
- Powerful weapons and upgradeable attacks
- Secret areas brimming with treasure

Watch the web series: http://youtube.com/user/studioJOHO

This game contains optional in-app purchases. You can disable this feature in the settings menu of your device.

View our privacy policy at http://halfbrick.com/pp
Views our terms of service at http://halfbrick.com/tos

Supported Devices:
  • iPhone4
  • iPad2Wifi
  • iPad23G
  • iPhone4S
  • iPadThirdGen
  • iPadThirdGen4G
  • iPhone5
  • iPodTouchFifthGen
  • iPadFourthGen
  • iPadFourthGen4G
  • iPadMini
  • iPadMini4G
  • iPhone5c
  • iPhone5s
  • iPhone6
  • iPhone6Plus
  • iPodTouchSixthGen

Minimum iOS Version: iOS 7.0

Download Size: 86.6MB

08-19-2016, 11:39 AM
Finally ! Been waiting half brick IVE been Waiting!

08-19-2016, 01:26 PM
wow, what a wonderful surprise!!!

great platformer guys...

Last edited by Gwarmaxx; 08-19-2016 at 01:35 PM.
08-19-2016, 01:49 PM
Platform + currency + collecting + half brick= huge hit.
This game is amazing
08-19-2016, 06:42 PM
MFI? Thanks!
08-19-2016, 07:52 PM
It's a great game however for me, I still find HB's older releases a lot better. Mainly because their other games seemed to be really innovative and paved way for many "copycat" games because their new designs worked so well.

This game, don't get me wrong, is not a bad game. It's just that it feels like a decent platformer. That's about it.

Obviously it's just my own opinion but I played it for a while and it was fun but I wasn't WOW'd like I would be with their other games. The other games also got me really addicted really fast - which this one didn't. After a few levels I wanted a break. For me this is just a really solid platformer game. If you're looking for a good platformer then this should be up your alley.

TOP5: Chaos Rings 3 / Monster Hunter Freedom Unite / The World Ends With You / Kingdom Rush Series / Implosion
My art: http://pixiv.me/raidriar // Gamecenter ID: raidriar
08-19-2016, 10:30 PM
This is just a decent platform game. Nothing new
09-05-2016, 10:36 PM
One of my favorite half brick games
09-09-2016, 07:32 AM
I've only played through the first level so this is a very early imp but it was quite fun! My main criticism is that the level felt like is went on for too long, a bit too much for a mobile game, in my opinion.

EDIT: after completing world 1, the game is indeed a lot of fun, striking a nice balance of platforming and brawling. The levels are still too lengthy for my liking, a single stage can take 15 minutes to complete (Even Rayman on consoles had shorter levels and this is a mobile game!) Still, I do want to keep on playing as the gameplay so far is very entertaining.

EDIT 2: finished the story missions - they were good fun and the gameplay is very solid, but the tone became way too dark as the story progressed. From such a cheery and humorous presentation, you don't expect to see mass prisoner executions ISIS style and such. It felt very out of place and wrong. However the game was fun to play, although short - 12 missions in total, each taking no more than 15 minutes to complete so less than 3 hours all together. There are also daily challenges and a battle mode but they don't offer the same incentive to play. The F2P aspects felt surprisingly fair with a progression that didn't require any grinding in upgrading Dan's skills. But if they create a "scene 9" I think they really should get away from the dark cut scenes. They really felt at odds with the game style.

Last edited by GiHubb; 09-21-2016 at 12:01 AM.