★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Please use this mod to prevent lurkers

10-14-2009, 01:56 PM
Please use this mod to prevent lurkers

You know what they should do? They should make this like some of the other download sites. The promocode should be hidden until a person replies to a thread. That way at least we get registered users only who replied to the thread.

Here's the vbMod for that I think: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...130887&page=56
10-14-2009, 02:34 PM
Not this thread again.

10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Send a message via Yahoo to swishinj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlisoft View Post
You know what they should do? They should make this like some of the other download sites. The promocode should be hidden until a person replies to a thread. That way at least we get registered users only who replied to the thread.

Here's the vbMod for that I think: http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...130887&page=56
i think that develpers should say PM me for a code.
10-17-2009, 09:51 AM
A PM would be way easier to do.
10-17-2009, 04:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImNoSuperMan View Post
Not this thread again.
Yup....again...

Top three subjects that have been discussed to death here:

1. Lurkers taking promo codes.
2. Avatars: good or bad?
3. More catagories for membership: people who have no life feel there should be an extra-special title for members who spam the boards contribute over 5000 posts.
10-18-2009, 12:41 PM
The Devs own the codes, they can do what they want with them

Quote:
Originally Posted by The prez 12521 View Post
No. But there's a good chance she'll put her hand down there. Like we were holding hands in the movie, she moved our hands on my lap and I was just thinking...oh god please not now please stay soft
Reminding for when I get new iPod: Epic Win
10-18-2009, 01:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Revlisoft View Post

And already complaining about lurkers?

How long did it take you to register for your account? About 5 minutes? How is registering ONE time at all a deterrent from continual lurking? Why encourage more people to register so they can code grub? I'd rather they just do it in silence.
10-18-2009, 03:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post

And already complaining about lurkers?

How long did it take you to register for your account? About 5 minutes? How is registering ONE time at all a deterrent from continual lurking? Why encourage more people to register so they can code grub? I'd rather they just do it in silence.
+1

Also, we actually have a fair number of senior members whose VAST majority of posts are about what promo code they got. But, people see they are a senior member and figure they actually contribute something.

It is not a problem that is going to go away. It is more of a problem for the members then the developers. Some of them don't even want feedback here - they are generally looking for reviews on iTunes - if they are good. No easy answers - but where free promo codes go should never be decided on by the beneficiaries. That is the tail wagging the dog...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer