★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

You hamster flicker!! - HAMSTERIA by QuantumSquid

10-14-2009, 02:16 PM
You hamster flicker!! - HAMSTERIA by QuantumSquid

First there was Flight Control, then Parachute Panic and Harbor Master, now...

HAMSTERIA by QuantumSquid Interactive coming soon! An addictively simple new take on the "chaos management" genre.

Here is a preview video. More details to follow...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Last edited by QuantumSquid; 11-20-2009 at 09:11 PM.
10-14-2009, 02:24 PM
Cute. Looks like great fun!

We Are Pocket Monkey Games
Website | Twitter | Facebook

•Our Games on the AppStore•

10-14-2009, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PocketMonkey View Post
Cute. Looks like great fun!
Thanks, good to hear. Simple and pretty addictive game play.
10-15-2009, 12:42 PM

Added a couple of screenshots to the main post. Please let us know you what you think.
10-15-2009, 12:44 PM
does look great

OpenFeint/Agon: Waward
Plus+: Ward
Beta Tester for Minigore & Katchup!
10-15-2009, 12:46 PM
Kinda reminds me of Cubivore...

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickFalk View Post
Squids!?

Worst idea ever!
10-15-2009, 03:32 PM
that does look cool, like the blocky hamsters...though when i first saw the pics, i thought it was going to be a tower defense type game with you fending off waves of invading hamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-15-2009, 06:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by drelbs View Post
Kinda reminds me of Cubivore...
Looks like there is a similar look in that we went with a "blocky" art style as well.

We wanted to go for a brightly colored, square look that was sort of reminiscent of the old-school console days. We tried to make the sound effects 8-bit sounding as well.
10-15-2009, 07:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
that does look cool, like the blocky hamsters...though when i first saw the pics, i thought it was going to be a tower defense type game with you fending off waves of invading hamsters
Thanks DG!

No, not a TD type of game. It has the similarly addictive play mechanic found in Flight Control. Manage the chaos for as long as you can, as things get progressively more hectic...

However, you do not draw lines to the goal(s). Instead, you "nudge" or "flick" the hamsters in the desired direction you want them to go. As the chaos builds, you will occasionally need to make small adjustments to their trajectory due to pitfalls, traps, and general hamster shenanigans. One flick = normal speed, 2 flicks in succession = fast speed. The "flicking" element provides a uniquely "visceral" experience, really only found on a touch screen.

It's a high-score based game with both single screen and scrolling screen maps of varying difficulty. The more hamsters that you direct to the goal in succession, the higher your Bonus Multiplier grows (thus fame and fortune on the OpenFeint Leaderboards...) It's not uncommon to get 20-25x point multipliers when the action is in high gear.
10-16-2009, 09:17 PM
Wow Quantumsquid, new iPhone developer? Your stuff looks pretty good. This one could be pretty big if it can get the attention of the "Flight Control crowd". Hard to get a complete feel for it with just the video, but looks like the same appeal. Any more info on release date? Price?