★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: phonagle
  • Genre: Word
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 2.9 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Objective: Spell words! Longer words are worth more points.

To Play:
1. Tap a letter on the map to pick it up
2. Spell a word by dragging letters to the placeholders
3. Touch the submit button.. that's all!

More Info:
outWord is like other words games, but with a twist: you must build words out of virtual letters that are located in the real world! To use the letters, you must be physically near them. To win, you must use your wits and your feet.

Pick up letters by tapping on them before someone else does. Other players in your area can see the same letters! If the letters are too far away, they will appear somewhat transparent and you must get closer to grab them. Once you have enough letters to make a word, drag them into the placeholders and tap submit. Longer words are worth a lot more points, as are the rare red letters, so aim for those to make your score grow faster. If you want to ditch your current batch of letters, throw them to the ground (with a downward motion of the iPhone/iPod Touch).

outWord is a great way to make your daily routine a bit more fun, and a great excuse to get out and explore your neighborhood, town, and beyond. Can you outwit other players and make one of the week's high scores?

outWord is best played outdoors in the sunshine, but it also works on WiFi!

Do you love outWord? Do you hate it? Did you find a bug? Email us: support@phonagle.com

"...a fun original game born out of an excellent concept and well executed. Highly recommended."
- App of My Eye (appofmyeye.com)

"...a very curious and innovative game-concept from students of the University of Michigan. I hope to see a lot more original apps like this in the AppStore"
- iPhone Application List (iphoneapplicationlist.com)
10-14-2009, 03:57 PM
seems like a fun game but I quickly exhausted the 8 letters in my area already and I'm not driving around to get more letters!