★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Experience the future of illicit hydrojet racing, where armored riders kick out death-defying stunts over massive waterfalls, dodge cops through public waterways, and boost at breakneck speeds across surging waves.

You are a hydrojet rider, framed and cast out from the Riptide GP league, forced to race illegally through city waterways, flooded ruins, and churning factory machinery in an effort to reclaim your reputation and your title. Play through the single player career to unlock new vehicles, playable characters, and customization features as you take down bosses and build your crew.

Then, take your skills online for the ultimate test as you battle opponents around the world in 8-player online matches. Challenge your friends for leaderboard supremacy in the ghost-racing challenge mode.

Featuring thrill-ride race tracks packed with shortcuts, secrets, and interactive obstacles, Riptide GP: Renegade is the action-arcade water racer for a new generation.

Thrill-Ride Environments - Blast across floating factory platforms, brave hurricane-strength waves, and infiltrate a military base in the midst of battle. Every race track is packed with interactive set pieces, dynamic obstacles and secret shortcuts.

Deep Career Mode - Battle your way through a variety of races and boss fights to reach the top of the underground hydro jet racing circuit. Earn cash and experience to upgrade and customize your hydro jet, unlock new stunts, and increase your rider's performance.

Online Multiplayer - Compete online in thrilling 8 player matchups against the best players from around the world.

Challenge Mode - Take command of the leaderboards and test your skills against ghost recordings of your friends' best performances.

Transforming Vehicles - Collect and upgrade a garage full of blisteringly fast hydro jets that transform while you ride them. Win money to upgrade and customize each one.

State of the Art Water Racing - Riptide GP: Renegade brings dynamic water racing to a new level of excitement with breathtaking water physics, splash-tastic spray effects, and more! Every race is different because the surface you race on is always changing.

GameCenter and iCloud - Compete with your Game Center friends on leaderboards and unlock challenging achievements. Plus keep your game going from device to device with iCloud data syncing.

If you encounter a problem running the game, please visit: www.vectorunit.com/support

Be sure to include the device you're using, OS version, and a detailed description of your problem.

Be the first to hear about updates, download custom images, and interact with the developers!

Like us on Facebook at www.facebook.com/VectorUnit
Follow us on Twitter @vectorunit
Follow us on Google+ at www.vectorunit.com/+
Visit our web page at www.vectorunit.com
08-23-2016, 09:36 AM
Downloading now

08-23-2016, 09:39 AM
HELL YEAH! Does it supports mfi controllers
08-23-2016, 09:40 AM
Vector Unit KILLED it with this one. If you loved the first Riptide GP but felt like it lacked content, or were somewhat put off with the IAPs in Riptide GP2, Renegade is exactly what the doctor ordered. Gorgeous, controls flawlessly, fully premium, jam-packed with content and VU's traditional amazing small file size! Easily the best game in the series.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
08-23-2016, 10:09 AM
Okay this looks way cool
I have never played a game in this series so can someone tell me if there is a gas/brake or is this an auto runner type game. The former I'm okay with the latter I don't care for at all cuz then I feel I'm being cheated since this is. It FTP I don't imagine being cheated would be an issue either way.
08-23-2016, 10:11 AM
Just awsome !
08-23-2016, 10:18 AM
Looks great! Is this a universal version with iPhone, iPad and AppleTV support? Or is this separate from the AppleTV version?
08-23-2016, 10:20 AM
Dayuuuum... Absolutely loved Riptide GP, so im getting this despite going over my purchase limit. Le sigh...

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
08-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by theboxhead View Post
Looks great! Is this a universal version with iPhone, iPad and AppleTV support? Or is this separate from the AppleTV version?
My understanding is that it is universal so people who paid $9.99 three weeks ago for the Apple TV version kinda got screwed.
08-23-2016, 10:32 AM
Yeah, this is fantastic. I played a lot of Riptide 2 and this beats it hands down. Tiny price tag, fully premium, transformable vehicles, controls like a dream, there's a story in there for those that like that kinda thing and there's even cops...

It almost feels like playing a Tony Hawk game on water because there's not only jumps this time but grinds also.

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 08-23-2016 at 10:35 AM.