Seeking developer to consider game pitch

Discussion in 'Public Game Developers Forum' started by IOSgamer1980, Aug 23, 2016.

1. IOSgamer1980

IOSgamer1980 Well-Known Member

Nov 6, 2015
    #1 IOSgamer1980, Aug 23, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2016
    There's a certain type of game that was attempted earlier this year in a lackluster way, which has gotten me itching for them to either update it or someone else to take a stab at it. It's been close enough to a year now that I don't think the former scenario is going to happen, and in the latter scenario I have the idea but no programming skills to make it happen.

If you're a developer reading this vague post and are interested, shoot me an email at seankdalton@gmail. The game idea is tied to an industry that I run a company in in real life that has been through some very interesting developments the past decade or so. I think there's potential for a unique game that would be both entertaining to many people while also raising awareness about certain aspects of American society.

Sorry -- I don't want to give away the farm.

If you're a developer experienced and/or interested in game mechanics in the roguelike RPG, business sim, card battler, and/or text adventure genres, this may be up your alley. Interested parties will be asked to verbally agree via email not to disclose the concept or capitalize on it themselves and must provide me with two weeks to create and submit an official draft proposal.

I've been writing professionally for over a decade now and am quite serious about the contents of this post. I'm not really looking to do this for a buck, although if my idea is executed I would stipulate receiving a modest percentage of any profits, in exchange for the concept, writing content, providing ongoing feedback, and assisting in play-testing and balancing. The extent of these activities as well as the compensation could be hammered out...

If my idea isn't terrible that is. :D

EDIT: Removed the NDA requirement. Sorry, I just don't want to end up having a good idea and someone else capitalizes on it without me. If you're interested, shoot me an email and we'll strike up a conversation. I'm pretty easygoing and enthusiastic!

2. SpiritBomb Studios

SpiritBomb Studios Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2013
    Game Developer
    Saigon, Vietnam
    Ideas are cheap. Execution is everything.
    If you were a well known game designer like Daniel Cook or Ron Gilbert, or at least have a lot of experience in the game industry, then I'd be interested.
    Otherwise good luck pitching your idea.

3. TheBryanMitchell

TheBryanMitchell New Member

Aug 25, 2016
  4. PikPok

PikPok Well-Known Member

Nov 26, 2009
    Wellington
    You should read this http://www.sloperama.com/advice.html

It will explain how your idea is close to worthless, and why you have a steep climb ahead of you to get it made.