• Publisher: Chillingo Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 28.2 MB
  • Version: 1.3
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: 67% SALE - LIMITED TIME OFFER! Save the farm in the upgraded and expanded version on iPhone!

----
Buck the Cows farm is in trouble: if he cant pay his debts soon, then his farm will be repossessed and hell lose everything. Its time for a change loose change! In this hyper-addictive cash-clinking game, control Buck as he combines coins, power-ups and special pieces to make moolah! Physics mini-games add to the fun, with plenty of puzzles and features on offer as you rustle up money and customize your own ranch. Cash Cow its time to throw caution to the winds, and bet the farm!

INSTANTLY ADDICTIVE GAMEPLAY!
As you learn the ropes, youll soon lose yourself in Cash Cows deep, clever combo system and just one more level gameplay. As the minutes and hours fly by, feel your skills begin to grow, and your cash-counting capabilities increasing. And when piggy banks, gold nuggets, safes, coin rolls and more get thrown into the mix, the fun really starts!

MULTIPLE MODES TO TEST YOUR TALENT
Once youre an old hand at harvesting your cash windfalls, its time to turn your talents to the multiple game modes available in Cash Cow. Take the tricks you learnt in Relaxed mode, and apply them to the brand-new story and blisteringly tricky time limits of Arcade mode! Or lose yourself in the zen, mathematical bliss that is Endless mode. Want to beat your high score with some tricky, accelerometer-based coin-tossing? Its time for Bonus mode!

FUN STORY AND CUSTOMIZABLE FARM
Play through the pun-happy, amoosing story mode, taking on Bill the Ducks troubles and helping Buck the Cow add to the money he already made from cow-tipping! With the cash you earn in the main game, go to your farm and add new, customizable creatures, buildings, plants and implements all colored and placed by you!

Cash Cow combines lightning-fast addictive gameplay with a lighthearted story, and lets you build your own farm while offering complex combination-based gameplay built on simple maths. Its the perfect game for both adults and kids: itll even satisfy your gaming itch while training you to count your coin combos faster and smarter!

Find out what the critics are raving about:

"Cash Cow... takes the puzzle genre to a whole new level... this is just one smacking good game... The graphics and artwork are just swell, the game is well executed and designed, and the overall experience was more than I could ever ask for." No DPad

"Fun, with a unique gameplay concept... a game that attempts something new is worth a look, and when it succeeds, its even more inspiring." The Portable Gamer

"Cash Cow takes money-counting and turns it into a fantastic puzzle that rivals Bejeweled in the addiction category. Absorbing and fun, this puzzle game is simple to learn but requires plenty of strategy to master... This ones a no-brainer: if you like puzzles, youll like Cash Cow." 148Apps
10-14-2009, 04:34 PM
Anyone willing to TOFTT?

10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
Anyone willing to TOFTT?
I will right now - Be right back. i promise this time!
10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
I TOFTT

Let me just say that if you like Match-3 type games, this is a no-brainer.
Although, it's not exactly that. You have to combine coins to make 5c, 10c, 25c, and 1 dollar.

There seems to be 5 play modes total.

There also seems to be a lot of different backgrounds, and different music for each level.
This game has some content!

On top of that, you also have a little farm and you can buy things for it. I bought an apple tree - they let me put it wherever I wanted to.
It was cool, as I moved it, you can bring it closer or further in the distance.

I need more time with it. I have purchased so many games and this game will become one of my new favorites, I just know it.

Highly recommend it if you like this type of game (puzzle, match 3, casual)

I like every single Genre of video games, though (except 'Hockey' - its the only video game and sport I don't like)
so, for me, I am a little easier to please, as my spectrum is Wide.

There is a video on Youtube to help you make a decision, but at 99c, it's a steal.

I love how far Chillingo has come, they mostly put out quality games (I know they are just the publisher, but they are careful what they choose.)
Does anyone remember Chillingo when the app store started?
They put out 100% crap. Pure garbage.
Apps like putting you face in a scene with a cowboy hat, one that tells how much a girl likes you (meter, they touch the screen) - Just stuff like that.
They have really turned into a wealth of great games, that's for sure.

Last edited by colorsound; 10-14-2009 at 05:13 PM.
10-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I TOFTT

Let me just say that if you like Match-3 type games, this is a no-brainer.
Although, it's not exactly that. You have to combine coins to make 5c, 10c, 25c, and 1 dollar.

There seems to be 5 play modes total.

There also seems to be a lot of different backgrounds, and different music for each level.
This game has some content!

On top of that, you also have a little farm and you can buy things for it. I bought an apple tree - they let me put it wherever I wanted to.
It was cool, as I moved it, you can bring it closer or further in the distance.

I need more time with it. I have purchased so many games and this game will become one of my new favorites, I just know it.

Highly recommend it if you like this type of game (puzzle, match 3, casual)

I like every single Genre of video games, though (except 'Hockey' - its the only video game and sport I don't like)
so, for me, I am a little easier to please, as my spectrum is Wide.

There is a video on Youtube to help you make a decision, but at 99c, it's a steal.

I love how far Chillingo has come, they mostly put out quality games (I know they are just the publisher, but they are careful what they choose.)
Does anyone remember Chillingo when the app store started?
They put out 100% crap. Pure garbage.
Apps like putting you face in a scene with a cowboy hat, one that tells how much a girl likes you (meter, they touch the screen) - Just stuff like that.
They have really turned into a wealth of great games, that's for sure.
Thanks!

I guess it's worth a try at 99 cents. Thanks for the quick review I was wondering how this game was.
10-14-2009, 07:47 PM
I don't get it.
10-14-2009, 07:54 PM
Yes! This looked like a good Match-3 game when posted over on the Upcoming games area. Downloading now.
10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
It is a very good game. I wish it saved your game state when you exited, but I guess you can't have everything.

Michael
10-14-2009, 08:27 PM
It's a match game, but it's not a match-3. It's "match the coins to make sensible values". Selections don't have to be in a straight line.

Basically:

5 x 1cent = 5 cents
2 x 5cents = 10 cents
2 x 10cents AND 1 5cents = a quarter (25cents)
4 x 25cents = a dollar

You are also allowed to select up to 10 coins to make a sensible value -- so these matches are also allowed:

eg. 2 x 10cents and 5 x 1cent = 25cents (however if the 1cents are consecutively selected before the 10cents, they make one 5cents)

If I select 25 cents, 25 cents, 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, 5 cents, that would clear those coins as it makes a dollar, and a dollar is added to your total cash count.

If I select 1 cent, 1 cent, 1 cent, 10 cents, 10 cents, 1 cent, 1 cent, that would clear those and make a quarter appear.

Each level ends when you are able to meet the amount of cash required.

In between levels, there is sometime a minigame involving tiling coins into a bucket to earn some extra cash. Cash earned can be used to buy items to decorate and fix up your farm. This seems to be just for fun and sense of achievement.

As you play on, more bonus type elements appear on the board. I just unlocked piggy bank and gold nuggets. You get piggy bank when you match two or more shiny coins and touching it clears and cashes all the coins around it. Gold nuggets appear on the board at the beginning of the level and are cleared when coins are matched around it. And they are worth 50cents each.

Not sure how many elements there are to uncover, but I'm having a good feeling about this game.
10-14-2009, 08:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
It's a match game, but it's not a match-3. It's "match the coins to make sensible values". Selections don't have to be in a straight line.

Basically:

5 x 1cent = 5 cents
2 x 5cents = 10 cents
2 x 10cents AND 1 5cents = a quarter (25cents)
4 x 25cents = a dollar

You are also allowed to select up to 10 coins to make a sensible value -- so these matches are also allowed:

eg. 2 x 10cents and 5 x 1cent = 25cents (however if the 1cents are consecutively selected before the 10cents, they make one 5cents)

If I select 25 cents, 25 cents, 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, 5 cents, that would clear those coins as it makes a dollar, and a dollar is added to your total cash count.

If I select 1 cent, 1 cent, 1 cent, 10 cents, 10 cents, 1 cent, 1 cent, that would clear those and make a quarter appear.

Each level ends when you are able to meet the amount of cash required.

In between levels, there is sometime a minigame involving tiling coins into a bucket to earn some extra cash. Cash earned can be used to buy items to decorate and fix up your farm. This seems to be just for fun and sense of achievement.

As you play on, more bonus type elements appear on the board. I just unlocked piggy bank and gold nuggets. You get piggy bank when you match two or more shiny coins and touching it clears and cashes all the coins around it. Gold nuggets appear on the board at the beginning of the level and are cleared when coins are matched around it. And they are worth 50cents each.

Not sure how many elements there are to uncover, but I'm having a good feeling about this game.
Sounds like an expanded version of cash machine or alchemize..... interesting for sure.

Beta testing:Not currently able to beta test Tested: iPlutoid, Fish Fun, Armor Alley, Underworlds, 33rd DIVISION, Robocalypse: Mobile Mayhem, Earth VS Moon, Cash Machine, Helion, Zenonia, Koala Dartz, iSR, Baseball Slugger: Home Run Race 3D, Crazy Snowboard, Galactic Gunner, Rune Mage, Match3D, Card Ninja, iGangster.