Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-14-2009, 04:04 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to yourofl10
Default Cash Cow by Chillingo [Now FREE]

Last edited by yourofl10; 10-14-2009 at 04:09 PM..
Old 10-14-2009, 04:34 PM

Anyone willing to TOFTT?
Old 10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourofl10 View Post
Anyone willing to TOFTT?
I will right now - Be right back. i promise this time!
Old 10-14-2009, 05:07 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I TOFTT

Let me just say that if you like Match-3 type games, this is a no-brainer.
Although, it's not exactly that. You have to combine coins to make 5c, 10c, 25c, and 1 dollar.

There seems to be 5 play modes total.

There also seems to be a lot of different backgrounds, and different music for each level.
This game has some content!

On top of that, you also have a little farm and you can buy things for it. I bought an apple tree - they let me put it wherever I wanted to.
It was cool, as I moved it, you can bring it closer or further in the distance.

I need more time with it. I have purchased so many games and this game will become one of my new favorites, I just know it.

Highly recommend it if you like this type of game (puzzle, match 3, casual)

I like every single Genre of video games, though (except 'Hockey' - its the only video game and sport I don't like)
so, for me, I am a little easier to please, as my spectrum is Wide.

There is a video on Youtube to help you make a decision, but at 99c, it's a steal.

I love how far Chillingo has come, they mostly put out quality games (I know they are just the publisher, but they are careful what they choose.)
Does anyone remember Chillingo when the app store started?
They put out 100% crap. Pure garbage.
Apps like putting you face in a scene with a cowboy hat, one that tells how much a girl likes you (meter, they touch the screen) - Just stuff like that.
They have really turned into a wealth of great games, that's for sure.

Last edited by colorsound; 10-14-2009 at 05:13 PM..
Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by colorsound View Post
I TOFTT

Let me just say that if you like Match-3 type games, this is a no-brainer.
Although, it's not exactly that. You have to combine coins to make 5c, 10c, 25c, and 1 dollar.

There seems to be 5 play modes total.

There also seems to be a lot of different backgrounds, and different music for each level.
This game has some content!

On top of that, you also have a little farm and you can buy things for it. I bought an apple tree - they let me put it wherever I wanted to.
It was cool, as I moved it, you can bring it closer or further in the distance.

I need more time with it. I have purchased so many games and this game will become one of my new favorites, I just know it.

Highly recommend it if you like this type of game (puzzle, match 3, casual)

I like every single Genre of video games, though (except 'Hockey' - its the only video game and sport I don't like)
so, for me, I am a little easier to please, as my spectrum is Wide.

There is a video on Youtube to help you make a decision, but at 99c, it's a steal.

I love how far Chillingo has come, they mostly put out quality games (I know they are just the publisher, but they are careful what they choose.)
Does anyone remember Chillingo when the app store started?
They put out 100% crap. Pure garbage.
Apps like putting you face in a scene with a cowboy hat, one that tells how much a girl likes you (meter, they touch the screen) - Just stuff like that.
They have really turned into a wealth of great games, that's for sure.
Thanks!

I guess it's worth a try at 99 cents. Thanks for the quick review I was wondering how this game was.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:47 PM
Banned
iPad, iOS 5.x

I don't get it.
Old 10-14-2009, 07:54 PM
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Yes! This looked like a good Match-3 game when posted over on the Upcoming games area. Downloading now.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:08 PM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

It is a very good game. I wish it saved your game state when you exited, but I guess you can't have everything.

Michael
Old 10-14-2009, 08:27 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

It's a match game, but it's not a match-3. It's "match the coins to make sensible values". Selections don't have to be in a straight line.

Basically:

5 x 1cent = 5 cents
2 x 5cents = 10 cents
2 x 10cents AND 1 5cents = a quarter (25cents)
4 x 25cents = a dollar

You are also allowed to select up to 10 coins to make a sensible value -- so these matches are also allowed:

eg. 2 x 10cents and 5 x 1cent = 25cents (however if the 1cents are consecutively selected before the 10cents, they make one 5cents)

If I select 25 cents, 25 cents, 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, 5 cents, that would clear those coins as it makes a dollar, and a dollar is added to your total cash count.

If I select 1 cent, 1 cent, 1 cent, 10 cents, 10 cents, 1 cent, 1 cent, that would clear those and make a quarter appear.

Each level ends when you are able to meet the amount of cash required.

In between levels, there is sometime a minigame involving tiling coins into a bucket to earn some extra cash. Cash earned can be used to buy items to decorate and fix up your farm. This seems to be just for fun and sense of achievement.

As you play on, more bonus type elements appear on the board. I just unlocked piggy bank and gold nuggets. You get piggy bank when you match two or more shiny coins and touching it clears and cashes all the coins around it. Gold nuggets appear on the board at the beginning of the level and are cleared when coins are matched around it. And they are worth 50cents each.

Not sure how many elements there are to uncover, but I'm having a good feeling about this game.
Old 10-14-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblack View Post
It's a match game, but it's not a match-3. It's "match the coins to make sensible values". Selections don't have to be in a straight line.

Basically:

5 x 1cent = 5 cents
2 x 5cents = 10 cents
2 x 10cents AND 1 5cents = a quarter (25cents)
4 x 25cents = a dollar

You are also allowed to select up to 10 coins to make a sensible value -- so these matches are also allowed:

eg. 2 x 10cents and 5 x 1cent = 25cents (however if the 1cents are consecutively selected before the 10cents, they make one 5cents)

If I select 25 cents, 25 cents, 5 cents, 10 cents, 25 cents, 5 cents, that would clear those coins as it makes a dollar, and a dollar is added to your total cash count.

If I select 1 cent, 1 cent, 1 cent, 10 cents, 10 cents, 1 cent, 1 cent, that would clear those and make a quarter appear.

Each level ends when you are able to meet the amount of cash required.

In between levels, there is sometime a minigame involving tiling coins into a bucket to earn some extra cash. Cash earned can be used to buy items to decorate and fix up your farm. This seems to be just for fun and sense of achievement.

As you play on, more bonus type elements appear on the board. I just unlocked piggy bank and gold nuggets. You get piggy bank when you match two or more shiny coins and touching it clears and cashes all the coins around it. Gold nuggets appear on the board at the beginning of the level and are cleared when coins are matched around it. And they are worth 50cents each.

Not sure how many elements there are to uncover, but I'm having a good feeling about this game.
Sounds like an expanded version of cash machine or alchemize..... interesting for sure.