★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *** SALE: 25% OFF for a limited time! ***

"Stunning" - The Daily Dot

"Immersive and Captivating" - AppAdvice

"One of the best soundtracks I've heard in a while" - MacStories

"A Triumph in Design" - TapSmart

"A Neon-Soaked Art Installation" - Stuff TV

"A pretty cool mixture of laid back and frantic" - Gamezebo

"Feels right at home on the Apple TV" - iLounge

"Wide range of challenges and mechanics" - Pocket Gamer

"A Gorgeous Minimalist Experience" - TouchArcade

In the year 2398, after a great war, a network of intelligent computers known as Nightgate, is the last remaining life form on Earth.

Step into the computer and make your way through 50 handcrafted levels. Avoid enemies as you interact with a dark digital world and explore what lies beyond the futuristic landscapes of Nightgate.

Universal app for iPhone, iPad and Apple TV

Immersive digital environments

Over 40 minutes of original soundtrack (also available on iTunes Music Store)

Minimalist design featuring vibrant colors and complex geometries

Discover achievements scattered throughout the game

In-game camera to capture beautiful screenshots

Sync your progress using iCloud

No ads, no in-app purchases

Fully localized for English, Spanish, French, Japanese, Chinese, German, Italian, Korean, Portuguese and Russian

Boardumb's comments:

08-24-2016, 10:34 PM
Yes! Mine...

08-24-2016, 10:58 PM
Looks cool. Waiting for imps
08-24-2016, 11:37 PM
Originally Posted by noteatino View Post
Looks cool. Waiting for imps
So far so good! Runs perfectly, very smooth and crisp minimal graphics. I am on the 2nd level now and I must say I am impressed. Really cool stuff
08-25-2016, 02:25 AM
Premise is fantastic, is music that good (like the trailer) all the way thru?
08-25-2016, 03:01 AM
This is fantastic! I was a little reserved diving into this as I like to pick my purchases a little more carefully nowadays and not just buy anything. Despite loving Last Voyage, I felt like it was a great experience. Something you'd jump into, get immersed in for its duration and then delete once you were done with. Nightgate however is a great game. Totally immersive in the same way Last Voyage was, yet more focused and great based on the strength of its gameplay. Think bullet avoidance meets cave flyer, set in the far future. The virtual stick works perfectly (yes, this isn't tilt), there's meat to the levels (I was concerned 50 levels wouldn't be enough, but each level is comprised of several parts), it's a wonderful world to get lost in, you've got a fully premium experience, the music (coming from a metalhead, mind you) is captivating and the file size is just a tiny 130 MB compared to the hefty Last Voyage package, especially when comparing the size to content ratio. Check this one out guys. *thumbs up*

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"

Last edited by metalcasket; 08-25-2016 at 03:14 AM.
08-25-2016, 03:12 AM
Thanks for review #metalcasket. You've sold this one to me. Downloading.
08-25-2016, 07:54 AM
What MetalCasket said.

This is in the genre of the game that I used to play avidly so I've gotten to gate 16 without experiencing any difficulties so far, hopefully it gets more tricky later on. I used to be a huuuuuge fan of the mouse avoider/bullet maze games on computer so this is fairly breezy so far!

I was quite surprised when I exited the game to find I was only up to gate 16. Each level is quite long, so no worries about content.

It looks beautiful and mysterious. Reminds me of some of my favorite games such as Kairo (no longer on the App Store). For some strange reason the vibe the game is giving me with the ambient synth music and neon aesthetic really reminds me of an arthouse film called 'Beyond the Black Rainbow'. Check out the trailer and maybe you'll see what I mean, for some reason this just makes me think of that film nonstop.

Anyway basically just buy this. It's wonderful and intriguing. I'm sure that with this length it'll give you a challenge later on as well. Highly recommended, pick it up!
08-25-2016, 09:27 AM
Bought this on Metalcasket and The Great Escaper recomondations and I like it, didn't know much about this game, but I like that you can control the white thing you are on the whole screen.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 08-25-2016 at 11:06 AM.
08-25-2016, 09:45 AM
Hey Guys!

Sorry we got here a bit little late. We are so happy to see you guys are enjoying the game!

If you are enjoying the soundtrack you can listen to it here on bandcamp:

It is so cool to see you referencing "Beyond the Black Rainbow". We watched that movie when we were making our last game, Last Voyage. You can see a more direct effect of that on Last Voyage but still so amazing to see it left its mark on our new game too!

As for the achievements, they are a little bit tricky. Good luck finding them!