iPad F-Bomb Skate (By Fireflower)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Boardumb, Aug 26, 2016.

1. Boardumb

Boardumb Administrator
    Staff Member Patreon Silver Patreon Gold

Apr 14, 2009
    THE BOSS
    Sacramento, CA

F-Bomb Skate

Light the streets on fire and bomb the biggest hill in the city. Point your board toward destiny and leave the world beh…
    $0.99
    Buy Now
    Media
    Details
    Light the streets on fire and bomb the biggest hill in the city. Point your board toward destiny and leave the world behind. The only way out is to get down.

One finger interface. Hold your finger down to crouch/prep, drag to slide, release to pop an ollie, swipe mid-air to bust. Ollie gaps, knock over trashcans, unlock tricks*, and dissolve the edges of perception in those moments of high speed clarity- then lose it all and touch the pavement with your face and contemplate life on the ground before doing it again.

No one is watching, no one cares. This is between you and time and space and the curved reality of gravitational acceleration. Get your tricks and lines in early because once you start cooking the points amplify and the margin of error closes in on you like a black hole.

Hang loose. Look down the line. Timing is everything. Precision is key.

Designed by a skateboarder, optimized for iPhone, casual endless skateboarding version 1.0. No ads, no in-app purchases, no missions, just high scores. When you reach about 500k you are getting it.

“In walking, just walk. In sitting, just sit. Above all, don’t wobble.” ~ Master Yun-men

"The only way to know for sure how far you can push it is to lose it." -John Smythe

Option to play through your own background music, with our without sfx. Track by daji33ban. Inspired by the tall streets of San Francisco and the skateboard poets, prizefighters, and warriors who bomb them. Mechanics influenced by Canabalt, Tiny Wings, and Infinity Blade.

* 1.0: Kickflip, heelflip, melancholy, fs360, bs360, tre-bomb. Front and backside slides. More to come.

F-Bomb, by Fireflower.
    Information
    Seller:
    Genre:Action, Sports
    Release:Aug 23, 2016
    Updated:Nov 30, -0001
    Version:
    Size:0.0
    TouchArcade Rating:Unrated
    User Rating: (4)
    Your Rating:unrated
    Compatibility:HD Universal

2. putermcgee

putermcgee Well-Known Member

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I'll probably check this out after I play through a couple other games. Looks pretty cool, but it's hard to tell how the game actually plays from the trailer. Is it like Skate Lines (laid back), Transworld Skate (arcade-y), or Ollie Ollie (really tough)?

3. JSP187

JSP187 New Member

Jul 24, 2015
    I bought it, played some rounds yesterday and so far I really like it. I've been skating for over 7 seven years and from this point of view, you do notice that the design choices come from someone who skates. Because, in other skate games where that is not the case, it always puts you a little off. Also the minimalistic / low-poly-ish graphics are neat.
    As for the gameplay itself, it feels satisfying but a little "slow" in some aspects: First off the trick mechanics feel a little dragging and not as direct and crisp as they could be. Especially because of the games difficulty and the consequential need to be very precise to get over some of the obstacles.
    So I'd recommend to things: Everyone who's interested in minimalistic, accurately depicted skateboarding endless runners to buy the game and for further updates, to make the controls more responsive and direct and maybe to add some more tricks and obstacles.
    Alright, I'm off to hillbomb some more :p

4. fireflower

fireflower New Member

Sep 1, 2016
    sword fighter
    the yedge
    bomb it

aloha dev here thanks for checking fbomb out.

jsp187, i think you get it and we appreciate your comments. this is vry much a game by skaters, and while we hope its playable by everyone we couldnt make something that wasnt true to form. for me the most rewarding moves in the game are like fs 360s over the hydrant, or a tre flip over the box, where you really have to time the apex of the trick or else you wont clear it. in real life its hard to bs 3 with height, and so it is in the game, and so on.

its designed as an endless runner, and it goes faster the further you go. a good run should leave you feeling amped. we slow down the manuevers to break up the pace and switch the pov so you are not always zoomed out. so the trailer is all actual gameplay but mostly tricks. you can see a nice gameplay run at http://youtu.be/fi7rA_svIsw

i would love to see some other high scoring runs... anyway we'll be getting the controls and camera and timing and swipes dialed in and adding a bunch of new tricks with upcoming releases. id like to have customizable skater/board too, so hopefully we can get this cooking.

again, we appreciate constructive comments and 1.0 fbombers taking the plunge, so thx

skate and destroy all conceptual identification-

G

5. solarnya

solarnya Well-Known Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Male
    Close to Tokyo, Japan
    hi!
    I've just downloaded it

I want to make many tricks though it is run game

so I'm looking forward to many updates are coming!!

6. LordShad0wz

LordShad0wz Well-Known Member

Nov 19, 2014
    #6 LordShad0wz, Sep 2, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2016
    So I had some real life stuff happen today so I've only gotten to play for a bit But let me tell you I like this game! There is a bit of a learning curve with the one touch controls and learning your timing but I'm really digging the artwork and the entire premise of it being an auto runner works. I know sometimes people get tired of auto runners but I'm telling you it fits perfectly with this game and after a short amount of time you will be doing ollies and all sorts of tricks and jumps.

I would love to see more outfits and boards.

I'll have a more in depth review tomorrow but my initial impressions are that's it's a damn fun game and truthfully it's worth more than $1. Atleast to me anyways.

Great job devs. I don't usually give out a 5 star rating on an impression but I can honestly say from what I've seen that's what it would end up being. Especially when I wanted to keep playing and playing. You just want to have one more go! That's always a great sign in a game.

Billy

7. coolpepper43

coolpepper43 👮 Spam Police 🚓

Aug 31, 2012
    On the toilet
    I'm sometimes getting some stuttering and I'm on an ipad air 2. Any plans on making an update to make it fully iPad compatible as in universal support? The game over screen buttons aren't fully working. I am unable to go back. The buttons are overlapping. Also, it would be nice to be able to start the game quicker. It takes about ten seconds to start playing again once you die. Thanks!

8. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    Okay, I bought it and gave it a whirl. I have more criticisms than praise, but I see a lot of potential. First, I didn't think about it until a few rounds later, and I'm not even sure if it was naturally this way or specifically designed, but the camera angle provides the perfect spot for your thumb so it doesn't cover anything important. I love that.

There are a ton of frame rate issues, and tearing (especially the buildings). The stuttering at the beginning of each round is really jarring, and sometimes it feels like the choppiness is to blame for falling.

The controls might just take some time to get used to, but I keep wanting to crouch, then swipe to ollie, in a direction that will dictate the trick. So like instead of ollieing, then swiping right to kickflip, I'm thinking to hold and swipe right to ollie into a kickflip. For me, it seems like that would be closer to "real" skating since you probably don't ollie, and then put your feet into position to start a 360 flip, in real life. I want to say a lot of other skating games handle it this way, which is why my brain keeps going for that action.

Also, the controls themselves are not always responsive. I can't consistently powerslide, and most of the time when I swipe in midair, nothing happens. In at least one round, not even crouching worked.

I'd say in terms of atmosphere and style, shoot for Skate Lines. And for substance and fun realism, shoot for Thrasher: Skate & Destroy. Or at least fix the frame rate, and this game will be a lot more enjoyable.

9. JSP187

JSP187 New Member

Jul 24, 2015
    Okay so, I played some more and I have to partly revoke the statement about the responsiveness: It's really beause of the trick-obstacle combination and this takes some getting used to. But it actually makes perfect sense as doing (and timing!) a fs 360 over a hydrant is pretty hard in real life too.
    And about the framerate drops / stutters: I haven't experienced any so far. I'm playing on an iPhone 6 with the latest iOS.

10. fireflower

fireflower New Member

Sep 1, 2016
    sword fighter
    the yedge
    party people

thanks for the feedback. will certainly take everything into consideration as we continue to refine the gameplay and add content. we are striving for nothing short of a world class skate game, designed for ios, that conveys realistic and stylish skateboarding, and gives you a proper jolt of adrenaline.

as this is fbomb 1.0 and fireflower's first release, we are starting from the ground up. we appreciate early players and are looking for ways to spread the word and get meaningful feedback. if anyone wants to review, beta test, stream, blog, or whatever, dm me and i'll get you a code or put you on a build. if you think we are onto something please spread the word, and have faith that we will improve upon fbomb in days to come.

here's a few for whoever's reading:
    XX4R37TAE6PX
    AKMLNR349HN9
    JKTXXE67KMYL

will be in touch

G / B Jambles / fireflower

11. redapple1

redapple1 Member

May 24, 2016
    Marketer
    India
    Awesome

I watched the game video and I must say that it is simply mesmerizing.:)

I would love to play your game.:eek:

12. putermcgee

Jun 4, 2010
    Seattle
    I still load this up for a couple runs now and then. Once it's running smoothly and has more responsive controls, I'll definitely be recommending people play it.

One thing I found is that you can cheat by busting a trick after you've cleared the obstacle you're ollieing over. I can't seem to get the timing right if I try a trick over a barricade or planter, but since it takes a bit to get back into a run, I'm less likely to keep trying it.

Also, I don't like that you can run over the dog. Dogs are cool, man, don't kill them.

13. fireflower

fireflower New Member

Sep 1, 2016
    sword fighter
    the yedge
    it's not really a dog...

...it's a pinata. hence the explosion and childish delight.
    we love all creatures.
    you are a kind soul.
    your other notes will be considered by our r+d teams
    and are appreciated.

B. Jambles