★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Explore the depths of the galaxys colorful underbelly and join a comical world of scheming bounty hunters in this action-packed Adventure RPG - where no hunt is ever the same!

Assume the role of a rookie bounty hunter where you must assemble a roguish crew and a fleet of deadly starships to capture the galaxys most notorious criminals. Blast, charm, and cheat your way through the farthest corners of the galaxy to gain valuable intelligence and track down the baddest of the bad.

Engage in explosive shoot-outs, prove your tactical prowess in strategic ship-to-ship battles, and upgrade your crew to unlock powerful abilities. Explore wormholes that transports you to uncharted areas of the galaxy & compete with other players to bring home the biggest haul. Create your own unique journey of adventure (and money) and fame (and more money)!

Do you have what it takes to become a Bounty Star?

* Features *

Explore a Richly Populated Galaxy: No two Bounties are the same! Embark on a rich narrative journey with variety of different challenges, from roving fleets of space pirates to black market vendors and rival bounty hunter crews.

Assemble an Elite Team: Amass a powerful fleet and recruit a team from over 160 different characters, each with their own unique set of traits and attacks to successfully complete a mission. Successfully capture criminals and recruit them for your crew!

Devise Unique Strategies: Encounter crafty factions that can aid or hinder your quest. Understand their dynamics, assemble a diverse crew, and visit vendors to stock up on consumable items that can tip the tide of battle.

Experience Explosive, Tactical Battles: Pair crew members with an upgradable fighter ship to take down foes! Plot trajectories of ships and watch decisions play out in real-time.

Compete for Powerful Rewards: Rank up & compete with other players from across the galaxy in daily and monthly prize pools featuring rare and powerful items.

Note on in-app purchases:
Bounty Stars is completely free to play - no purchases are required. The purchase of in-game items can increase the strength of your crew and ships and accelerate your progress in the game. If you wish, you can disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.
08-27-2016, 01:54 AM
Any impressions on this? It's in new games we love on the App Store.

08-27-2016, 02:01 PM
I've been playing this since yesterday and am LOVING it. There are no stamina timers, nothing to lock you out. Probably the best way I can describe it is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes meets FTL. You have the hero aspect from Galaxy of Heroes, and you have gear and such on them you can upgrade, but then you progress through bounties in a very FTL fashion, charting out your course on a space map until you find your quarry, apprehend them, and reap the rewards. You can do this multiple times and as you get more efficient you can retain more supplies and get further along the campaign but ultimately you always run out of supplies and have to start over on a fresh campaign, which is randomized every time (again, in very FTL fashion). I am so impressed by the art direction in this game, as well. Really unique style, very colorful and endearing. I've put in probably 20+ hours into it since yesterday and am not bored with it yet in the slightest. I highly recommend it.
08-27-2016, 06:08 PM
This game is very cool
08-27-2016, 10:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MattCason View Post
I've been playing this since yesterday and am LOVING it. There are no stamina timers, nothing to lock you out. Probably the best way I can describe it is Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes meets FTL. You have the hero aspect from Galaxy of Heroes, and you have gear and such on them you can upgrade, but then you progress through bounties in a very FTL fashion, charting out your course on a space map until you find your quarry, apprehend them, and reap the rewards. You can do this multiple times and as you get more efficient you can retain more supplies and get further along the campaign but ultimately you always run out of supplies and have to start over on a fresh campaign, which is randomized every time (again, in very FTL fashion). I am so impressed by the art direction in this game, as well. Really unique style, very colorful and endearing. I've put in probably 20+ hours into it since yesterday and am not bored with it yet in the slightest. I highly recommend it.
I had to try this game based on your praise and you are absolutely right. I am a big fan of FTL and played a bit of Galaxy of Heroes. Bounty Stars combines both really well and will probably hold my attention a lot longer than Galaxy of Heroes. The ship battles, which remind me a tiny bit of Plundernauts, are also very fun. I also like the out of combat moments where the game uses your crews personality skills to determine success or failure. Collecting the intel and narrowing down the search is a very cool feature that scratches that board game detective itch. I have only played for a little bit but so far its been well worth the download.

Last edited by JasonLL; 08-27-2016 at 10:38 PM.
08-28-2016, 11:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLL View Post
I had to try this game based on your praise and you are absolutely right. I am a big fan of FTL and played a bit of Galaxy of Heroes. Bounty Stars combines both really well and will probably hold my attention a lot longer than Galaxy of Heroes. The ship battles, which remind me a tiny bit of Plundernauts, are also very fun. I also like the out of combat moments where the game uses your crews personality skills to determine success or failure. Collecting the intel and narrowing down the search is a very cool feature that scratches that board game detective itch. I have only played for a little bit but so far its been well worth the download.
Glad you're liking it! The whole space exploration aspect is a breath of fresh air for games like these. I'm also very impressed by how free and easy they are with the in-game currency. I haven't felt the slightest bit pressured to buy any. For one thing, the fact that there's no stamina and no stop-gap to make me either pay up or wait until some dratted timer runs down is a great departure from a lot of DeNA's past titles. But they throw it at you for levels gained, bounties finished, quests, daily login rewards ... I've opened up over 10 heros in the last 24 hours and all of them have been freely earned. I hope more people get stuck into this because I think it's a game with some serious legs on it.
08-28-2016, 03:34 PM
Forgive the short feedback but this game is really good. It has tinges of final fantasy and star ocean without all the timers and stamina issues from other games.
08-28-2016, 04:28 PM
Just wanted to echo the other sentiments here; this game is really great so far. Definitely a hidden gem!
08-28-2016, 07:16 PM
Yeah totally enjoying this game. May even splurge on the starter pack. Impressed so far
08-28-2016, 08:18 PM
I am really glad I gave this a shot. The game play is a lot of fun but I am completely in love with the games art. Its evident to me there was a lot of time put into the "environment".