★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Any good alternatives to Fieldrunners?

10-14-2009, 05:51 PM
Any good alternatives to Fieldrunners?

Hi everyone, now that i have played fieldrunners to death, with no new updates etc im kinda getting bored with it.

So my question, are there any good alternatives to this game or is there an even better TD game which im not aware of?

Tanks in advance
10-14-2009, 05:56 PM
I really enjoyed Defender Chronicles and it's the best TD game IMO. You also might like GeoDefense Swarm.

10-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Be more specific on what your looking for in a TD game. (open field, endless mode, etc.)

You might like moonlight minions or The Creeps!
Others are: (that I own)
Critter Defense
Star Defense
Geo Defense
Geo Defense: Swarm
Defender Chronicles
Warp Defense

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
10-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Bloons TD
10-14-2009, 06:27 PM
Star Defense and Setinel 2 are both very good

Gamecenter: Will090
10-14-2009, 06:46 PM
Bloons TD is fun until past round 50 (where the endless mode starts). The balloons are stacked together so tightly that if you let one or two balloons through you have just lost all 100 lives.
Defender Chronicles isn't that great in my opinion, the game basically stops after you beat all the levels, I don't really see any point to the "level" system, or all the equips that give hundreds of bonus stats; you could very well beat the last stage with a level 5 character. O.o
Geodefense Swarm is fun I think, although some levels are really challenging. Therefore I would recommend Geodefense out of these choices. You might find the geometric graphics strangely addicting too.
10-14-2009, 06:57 PM
I also like Tower Madness...nice online integration where you can watch replays of the top scorers for each level if you're having trouble with a level. Includes both open and fixed path maps.

Some newer or not so often mentioned TDs to check out are also:
Navy Patrol Coastal Defense
Comets and Craters
Ninja TD
Dragon Slaughter
Sweetwater Defense

Tried and true:
Sentinel 1 and 2

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-14-2009, 07:25 PM
nothing against fieldrunners, but personally i think most of the other td games in the apps are better.

fieldrunners just always felt very repetitive/bland to me.

try geodefense/swarm
10-14-2009, 08:46 PM
I really like The Creeps!. Fun game with nice graphics.

l、 ~ヽ
 じしf_, )ノ Inconspicuous Group Cat?
10-14-2009, 09:01 PM
Final fantasy Crystal defenders is IMO one of if not the best traditional style TD game. Only problem only a few levels. Best feature replayability factor.