★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: A DMD Quest - 500 !!Free App!!!

View Poll Results: What do you think about the game?
Fun Game - I may buy full version 8 57.14%
Fun Game - Who cares about full version 3 21.43%
Don't like it 3 21.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 14. You may not vote on this poll
10-14-2009, 05:56 PM
A DMD Quest - 500 !!Free App!!!

This is free quest from DieMonstersDie!. It is the same game as the full version, except it is scaled down somewhat. The main goal is to defeat 500 monsters, which earns you a spot on the high score list as well as 500 OpenFeint Gamerscore points. Your task will not be easy as you play on the equivalent difficulty of Medium from the full version. If you enjoy this version, please check out the full version - which has several updates upcoming. Have fun!

[Main Differences]
----------------------------------------
-This Quest does not have a SAVE option like the full version.

-One difficulty level and will end once you defeat 500 monsters.

-Full version has over 12 Achievements, this has one.

-No unlockable GOLD weapons

-Ads on the Menu Screen

-Only one leaderboard

You can get it here: http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=334339657&mt=8
10-14-2009, 09:50 PM
Version 1.1 submitted just now to fix slider controls. I will try to get expedited approval since this is a bug a couple people have mentioned. Thank you for your patience.

10-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks to the people that left nice reviews in iTunes for the game. I appreciate that.
10-15-2009, 11:22 PM
I beat the game and got this achievement.
10-15-2009, 11:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zincous View Post
I beat the game and got this achievement.
lol I never doubted you wouldn't

If you feel like it, you can unlock that same achievement in the full game but only get 50 points. I only had 150 points left to play with so I had to give 50 for 500 kills and 100 for 1000 kills. Maybe if you get desperate for points.
10-15-2009, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DieMonstersDie View Post
lol I never doubted you wouldn't

If you feel like it, you can unlock that same achievement in the full game but only get 50 points. I only had 150 points left to play with so I had to give 50 for 500 kills and 100 for 1000 kills. Maybe if you get desperate for points.
Lol not desperate, 150 is more than some games give total. I'll get those two achievements soon enough. Plus I'll get a better Hall of Fame position
10-16-2009, 01:55 AM
Hi Zinc.

Any tips? What's a good weapon to go for?

I've tried Machinegun (to max), the Laser (to 2 or 3), and the Rocket (doesn't fire at bosses). Nothing I try can beat the #250 boss (comes out once you've killed 249 critters).
10-16-2009, 02:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinsel View Post
Hi Zinc.

Any tips? What's a good weapon to go for?

I've tried Machinegun (to max), the Laser (to 2 or 3), and the Rocket (doesn't fire at bosses). Nothing I try can beat the #250 boss (comes out once you've killed 249 critters).
Haha that's the exact same thing that happened to me. I died on the #250 boss, a big eye ball (his second appearance). Wish I knew that the other guys strategy was at the time I was trying too.

Here is what I did: Purchase machine gun to max. Use the machine gun until you get the laser to 2 and then you can try using that, if not keep using machine gun until the laser is at 3. Then purchase the Rage level 1. This should all be before #250
When the boss comes you the laser (should be 3 I'm pretty sure) + rage on him and you should kill him. If you have extra cash, it couldn't hurt to do rage 2, I don't remember how much I had.

If you get hurt then purchase a health pack to regenerate to full. I did this twice during the whole game and ended at 1000 health points.

And I also ended the game with laser on level four (the one that costs $3200). I finished the game before I could buy the $4000 level.

I also at some point bought the regeneration level 1 but it did no good, just upgrade health packs when you need to and you'll go back to full health plus more total health.

I never purchased a flamethrow, chainsaw upgrade, or rockets.

Other than that, just use the laser and kill everybody. Use rage when you can. But if you feel like a boss is coming soon save your rage so that you can use it when he comes. It sucks when you have a boss and your rage isn't back yet.

Other than that you should get to 500
10-16-2009, 03:21 AM
That sounds like good tacitics, may use them in the full game, but to be honest, I did it on my first go by using Uzi untill I could afford rocket launcher and then just spammed my way to 500. Just purchased rocket upgrades and 1 health upgrade. I'm sure there are tons of ways to do this, just gotta find what works for you, I just found that didn't need to aim rockets, they auto aim.
Dunno why rockets didn't work for you on boss? Sometimes I lifted my finger off fire button to re-fire but otherwise it totally pwnd all of the bosses!

Game Centre I.D - Scarypharaoh

Last edited by scarypharaoh; 10-16-2009 at 03:25 AM. Reason: More rocket info
10-16-2009, 07:16 AM
An upgraded Rage Button is your friend when bosses get feisty.