★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Proxima B and Starshot Already an Android Game!

08-29-2016, 02:27 AM
Proxima B and Starshot Already an Android Game!

After the recent discovery of Earth-like planet Proxima B, the scientific news became social media's hot topic, and now it launches on Google Play as one of store's newest '80s-inspired casual games. "At Proxima B - 80s Retro Game" is available for free on Google Play now!

"I am quite captivated by the fact that there is a planet which may be like ours orbiting the stars closest to us, and there's this project that could reach it in 20 years. I thought it would fit in nicely with the universe of my games. This game takes place 25 years before the events of Monument Rush 2." said Darius Immanuel D. Guerrero, developer of Monument Rush 2 and At Proxima B - 80s Retro Game.

Description
In celebration of the newfound planet! This 80s-themed Illuminati arcade game has simple controls but require mad dodging skills. This endless casual game is both endlessly addicting fun and "throw away your phone" frustrating! Taking place 25 years before the events of Monument Rush 2, humanity sends its first neon nano light sail craft to the Alpha Centauri system. An unknown Illuminati force drags the neon nano sail craft to one of the endless towns of Proxima B, which is inhabited by intelligent bioluminescent neon reptilian life forms and Illuminati shamans that thrive under their dwarf star's harsh UV neon radiation. There is life in Proxima B after all, and they are very hostile.

Requirements
For Android: Requires 2.3.3 and up

Contact
DARIUS IMMANUEL D. GUERRERO
dariusimmanuelguerrero@gmail.com
+639293334270 // 639154870050
Facebook: www.facebook.com/appsirgames
Twitter and IG: @dariusguerrero
08-30-2016, 12:40 PM
A Skill Game

I checked the game out. Nice music It is frustrating at times, when you already see that you picked a wrong moment to turn but you can't do anything about it because of the fixed angle.

A pause button on the gameplay screen would be nice. To be able to pause and listen to the music longer)

Also, the controls tutorial appeared late into the game for me, after several restarts. Don't know what triggered it. First time I started it didn't show up. But it was easy to figure out the controls without it.

Good luck with the game.
08-31-2016, 07:15 AM
Thank you suntemple!

Thanks suntemple! I was having problems with the pause button as it made the music loop wrong but I fixed it now! Will update it the soonest opportunity I get! It's also available on iOS now! albeit with the same problems. Hope I get the tutorial fixed as well! Thanks again!