★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Battle Havoc - 8 player real-time artillery combat

10-14-2009, 06:44 PM
Battle Havoc - 8 player real-time artillery combat

We want to get some feedback...

We are trying to decide whether or not we port our Xbox 360 Indie game BATTLE HAVOC to the iPhone/touch.

The game is a fast-paced multi-player action game with a unique twist on real-time artillery combat. You take to the air with rechargeable jump jets unleashing the power of over 20 different weapons and upgrades. Play Deathmatch or Elimination modes against up to 8 players, with "Buy Rounds" for upgrading between each round.

Youtube link | Pop Up

For those of you with an Xbox 360, you can download a FREE DEMO of the game to check it out:
On your Xbox 360 go to Game Marketplace >> Indie Games >> Browse >> Browse Title >> Find Battle Havoc under the B's

There are 2 main elements we are focusing on. The first are possible control issues as it relates to a touchscreen rather than a gamepad. This is not a huge issue really, as there are other games that do a good job of mimicking a gamepad, but any comments are welcome.

The second is the effectiveness of network multi-player on the iPhone/touch. This game is pretty much centered around multi-player game play; it's primary strength being the insane deathmatches and battles. We have done some network/latency testing already and have mixed thoughts...

Is there any interest in this game for the iPhone/touch? Any ideas/comments?

Last edited by QuantumSquid; 10-19-2009 at 06:55 PM.
10-14-2009, 06:45 PM
I'd be interested.

10-14-2009, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunning View Post
I'd be interested.
Same here

Beta Testing/ed: Undercroft, Baseball Superstars 2010, Battle for Wesnoth, Fuzion, Twilight Golf, Indestructible Tank, Nanomechs Online Multi, Plushed, Ground Effect, Castlecraft, Inotia 2, Boom it Up, Guerrilla Bob, Caligo Chaser, Vanquish, IMO, Crunchy Orbs, Zenonia 2, Luna Story, Aralon, Shadow Era, Hybrid 2
10-14-2009, 07:01 PM
Interested! Looks awesome! What is the estimated price?

OMG. Double Rainbow!
User ID: Gryphon23 Agon: Gman23
"Birthday Cake, is just Birthday Cake without a little gravy..." Gravy makes EVERYTHING better.
10-14-2009, 07:03 PM
@Kunning / kingkong120

If you get the chance (and have an Xbox 360), download the demo and see how you think the controls could work in the iDevice. We have some ideas of our own to simplify, but would be curious about what your thoughts are.
10-14-2009, 07:42 PM
I'd be interested

Tester of over 30 games
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nudgenudge View Post
Hi, you seemed to be lost on the Internets.
This is TouchArcade, where 2$ for a game is too much, 5$ is an outrage, and 10$ or more is putting sugar in their car tanks whilst killing puppies.
10-14-2009, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon23 View Post
Interested! Looks awesome! What is the estimated price?
Thanks Gryphon!

Nothing set yet on price. Best guess would be "somewhere between not free and no more than $2.99". Depends somewhat on how many new weapons, upgrades, etc. we add, and how far we enhance the multi-player aspects.

Right now, just getting a feel for interest level and how much dev time we invest to finish porting it...
10-14-2009, 08:36 PM
looks amazing! i would love it to be on my ipod. need any help in beta? im available

OpenFient: Itzoliverstfu // Plus+: Pinoykid
10-14-2009, 08:49 PM
Send a message via MSN to spidey146 Send a message via Yahoo to spidey146
you guys never cease to amaze me, i would LOVE to try this out, but i dont have a 360 so i cant try THAT version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Porkenheimer View Post
Someone is ridiculing Big Albie? Kill him.
Always remember, you can't spell slaughter without laughter.
10-14-2009, 08:50 PM
you should bring it over, i think the iphone controls would really be a benefit to the game instead of a hindrance .