★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: !!!!! IMPORTANT: Samorost 3 requires at least iPad 3, iPad mini 2, iPhone 5 or iPod touch 6, or newer with iOS 8 or later !!!!!

Samorost 3 is an exploration adventure and puzzle game from the award-winning creators of Machinarium and Botanicula. It is Amanita Designs most ambitious experience to date and a loose continuation of the hit indie games Samorost and Samorost 2.

Samorost 3 follows a curious space gnome who uses the powers of a magic flute to travel across the cosmos in search of its mysterious origins. Visit nine unique and alien worlds teeming with colorful challenges, creatures and surprises to discover, brought to life with beautiful artwork, sound and music.

We recommend playing with headphones for a greater experience!
09-01-2016, 07:45 AM
This is a game that shouldn't be overlooked. Critically acclaimed on PC, by the makers of Botanicula and Machinarium, it's a gorgeous tale that's way cheaper than on Steam and still an amazing journey.

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.

09-01-2016, 07:51 AM
Holy crap this looks amazing!
09-01-2016, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by killercow View Post
This is a game that shouldn't be overlooked. Critically acclaimed on PC, by the makers of Botanicula and Machinarium, it's a gorgeous tale that's way cheaper than on Steam and still an amazing journey.
$20 on Steam which makes $5 on iOS seem pretty ridiculous. This is literally the premium experience people have been crying out for for ages, yet it's being ignored atm which is kinda sad.

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
09-01-2016, 11:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
$20 on Steam which makes $5 on iOS seem pretty ridiculous. This is literally the premium experience people have been crying out for for ages, yet it's being ignored atm which is kinda sad.
I plan to pick it up today. Maybe everyone's just busy playing, not necessarily ignoring it.
09-01-2016, 11:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AppUnwrapper View Post
I plan to pick it up today. Maybe everyone's just busy playing, not necessarily ignoring it.
Think Lumines - admittedly another such example of a premium iPhone experience, even if in a completely different way - has kind of overshadowed every other game released today, but hopefully people still see this! Or you could be right, it's just so engrossing no one has had time to share their thoughts yet haha

Hey I'm Rob, I occasionally write for TouchArcade! Follow me on Twitter: http://twitter.com/robfunnell3
09-01-2016, 11:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by diffusion8r View Post
Think Lumines - admittedly another such example of a premium iPhone experience, even if in a completely different way - has kind of overshadowed every other game released today, but hopefully people still see this! Or you could be right, it's just so engrossing no one has had time to share their thoughts yet haha
I have no nostalgic attachment to Lumines (never played it before) and not really a fan of rhythm games. I have been waiting for this one, though, so definitely takes priority for me. But yeah, there does seem to be a lot of hype over Lumines.
09-01-2016, 11:57 AM
I'm just so totally thrilled about this.

I love Amanita and this is so exciting. A total instabuy.
09-01-2016, 12:03 PM
Bought from me.

I still have happy memories of someone sending me a link to the first flash game and not putting it down till I'd finished it.

I didn't like botanicula very much though.......
09-01-2016, 12:12 PM
I have this on PC and it's an absolute pleasure from start to finish, and possibly the most beautiful game I've ever played. Can't recommend it enough and I'll be picking it up for iOS so I can have it in my pocket too