★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Chief Puzzle Officer - Real-Time Multiplayer Match-3 RPG

09-02-2016, 11:06 PM
Chief Puzzle Officer - Real-Time Multiplayer Match-3 RPG

BETA TESTERS WANTED

Chief Puzzle Officer is a fast pace action packed multiplayer Match-3 RPG where players team up to build the richest and strongest MegaCorp. How? By defeating any other teams that dare to stand between you and that sweet sweet in-game cash, of course!
Matching Gems is Serious Business

Excited to show some basic battle mechanics in Chief Puzzle Officer:

FEATURES:
  • Tactical Match-3: Roam the Puzzle Board Strategically

• Real Time 4P Co-Op PvE Multiplayer

• Guild Wars Real Time 3v3 PvP with Opportunity to Play Guildmates' Decks

• No Energy System for Core Game Modes

• Deep Deck Building Choices - Leader Skills, Items, Executive Moves!

• Upgrade Your Megacorp Headquarter Buildings Together - By Playing The Game

• Guild Card Shop: Adding Powerful Cards to Your Deck for Free*

*If you play blue+green, and your Megacorp loves to buy red cards - maybe it's time to find another Megacorp

Public beta will be in October. Anyone who posts in this thread requesting beta access will be invited to an earlier closed beta access.

Chief Puzzle Officer - coming Q4 2016!

Follow us on:
Twitter
Facebook

EDIT 9/4: Executive Cards on Post #4
EDIT 9/6: Updated Battle UI + Feedback Request on Post #7
EDIT 9/14: Chapter 1 Story Snippets on Post #26

Last edited by Tanshui; 09-14-2016 at 10:21 PM.
09-03-2016, 12:55 AM
Count me in!

09-03-2016, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
Count me in!
Counted - and thank you for being our first victim, I mean brave soul.
09-04-2016, 08:39 PM
Let's take a look at some of our Executive Cards and their active abilities that lets you gain the advantage!

Chief Science Officer! His chemicals are strong, but are they stable? NOPE. Destroy 8 random tiles in your quadrant. Sometimes you win sometimes you kaboom.

Chief Hacker Officer! He lays low behind the scene but his impact will be felt! Change 7 non-blue tiles into blue tiles in your quadrant. So h4x!

Chief Nurse Officer! She's kind of clumsy, but she'll patch you right up! Heal 20% Team's Max HP. I mean, she is a nurse you know?
09-05-2016, 02:06 AM
Would love to participate in the Beta testing!
09-05-2016, 07:50 AM
I'd wanna sign up
09-05-2016, 11:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SwissHiFi View Post
Would love to participate in the Beta testing!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gamer's_apprentice1998 View Post
I'd wanna sign up
Got you both SwissHiFi and Gamer's Apprentice 1998 - thank you for your interest!

Is there anything else you guys want to see us cover? What would interest you?

In no particular order, these are some of the content we are considering leading up to beta signups later this month:

1) GIFs to show interesting boss mechanics
2) GIFs to show core mechanics like playing an item on the board, using an item on the board, activating an exec.
3) More artwork
4) Reports and sampling of UI-redesign (Alpha used a lot of, alpha stuff!)
5) Developer concept material on game features (for example, Guild Wars, from Napkin Sketch->Wireframe->Mock Up->Iteration Process)
6) Game Design rationale on why we designed the way we designed. Why no energy system? Why allow people to play guildmates' deck? Why is real time Co-Op the main modes?
7) Soundtracks for different parts of the game

Anything else you can think of - if there is interest - we're happy to slot it as part of our progress updating process!
09-06-2016, 09:23 PM
UI UPdate - Which One Do You Like?

WIP Battle UI Re-Design

Which ones do you like more? Why?

Direction 1

Direction 2

Next things being re-designed is the notion of how Items on the board are better presented. Maybe we use category icons (A fist for damage, for example). Either way, we'll reinforce causation between card and effect.

And then we'll start replacing placeholder art objects with final polished objects - we got some awesome looking thing in, just want to lock down the board UI direction first.
09-07-2016, 09:23 PM
What Will You Do?

Time is running out.

All your teammates are trapped in other quadrants.

Will you be a hero and destroy the bomb? If successful, team takes no damage. If you fail, team takes big damage.

Or play it safe and get away from blast radius and team just takes minor damage?

You decide!

GIF Link

Also taking closed beta sign-ups now via this thread!!

(Can someone teach me how to embed GIFs in a TA post please?)
09-09-2016, 01:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanshui View Post
WIP Battle UI Re-Design

Direction 2

Just an update that we put the same question up on A/B testing sites, filtering for users that "Play Mobile Games", and received 64% votes in favor of Direction 2. So we shall be going with that!