★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ###IMPORTANT### Ice Lakes 3D graphics require devices with more than 1GB RAM, so please note that iPhone 4/4s, iPad 2/mini, iPod Touch 5 or older devices are NOT supported.

Ice Lakes is an ultimate ice fishing game with a sandbox approach to wintertime fishing. Rare subject, stunning graphics, realistic physics, fish behavior system, wide selection of fishing gear, different game modes in the various locations around the world, changing season, day time and weather conditions that also affect fish behavior makes Ice Lakes the ultimate ice fishing simulator.

Key Features:

- 15 open world maps
- 28 fish species
- 18 competition modes
- 16 tournaments
- Extensive statistics about everything
- Character customization
- Rod movement with or without inertia sensors
- Fish fights
- Changing weather and time of day
- Change of seasons (fall, winter, spring)
- Fish behavior engine. A fish AI and swarm system controlling each species
- Fishing equipment. Learn and master the use of dozens of jigs, rods, augers, baits and lures
- Encyclopedia about fish species and ice fishing in general

Game description

In this game you can roam freely in the beautiful open world maps and explore river, pond and lake locations in diverse environments. Dare to go deeper into the wild where no fisherman has gone before and find the biggest catches.

Finding the best fishing spots by learning the depth maps and bottom topology of each location is fun, but requires patience and dedication. Nothing wins the expectation of finding the best location or catching the biggest fish from each lake.

The real excitement starts when it is time to throw fishing lines into the water and start fishing! The right equipment for right conditions are as essential as is mastering the location. The realistic fish behavior system, fish AI and fish swarms for almost 30 fish species makes this game a lifelike fishing experience. Fishing gear can be chosen from a wide selection of different jigs, rods, augers and baits. A perfect combination of equipment for different species depends on the season, but especially weather and daytime conditions. Controlling a rod and a jig in the water in a right way and at the right depth in Ice Lakes is a skill of its own. Rod and jig physics guarantees that fish react authentically to player's actions.

Fishing independently without time limits or competitors makes Ice Lakes a relaxing game to play and tune your fishing skills in the comfort of your home. On the other hand, lengthy tournaments and very customizable single competitions will test the player's skills and knowledge, but will reward them with new equipment and limitless fame.
09-04-2016, 06:27 PM
This has positive reviews on Steam and looks like it's free to celebrate the launch for a day. There's no reason not to try.

Gamecenter: Gluskapp

09-04-2016, 08:27 PM
This is huge.
Is this some sort of console type game ? Over 1 GB of data

Last edited by Jayg2015; 09-04-2016 at 08:44 PM.
09-04-2016, 09:16 PM
Downloading!

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
09-04-2016, 11:13 PM
Is there any online multiplayer? The video from a few days back on the front page made it look like there was.

Got lost on my way to GameFAQs...
GID: stlredbird
09-05-2016, 06:36 AM
Is there any tutorial or instruction what to do in ths game? Couldn't find it in main menue or ingame. I think the devs did forget it. First time launching the game is soooo confusing.
The gameplay mechanics of this fishing simulator are very basic. After playing it for 30 mins i realy don't understand why this app needs 1,2 Gb space. Beside runnning around on a lake and fishing there is nothing else to do. Its just waiting and waiting and waiting and one fish and.... of course you can upgrade stuff, but i guess the gameplay stays the same on all maps.
Whoever likes fishing will like it. But maybe its better to go in real life fishing.
09-05-2016, 06:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostdog1 View Post
Is there any tutorial or instruction what to do in ths game? Couldn't find it in main menue or ingame. I think the devs did forget it. First time launching the game is soooo confusing.
The gameplay mechanics of this fishing simulator are very basic. After playing it for 30 mins i realy don't understand why this app needs 1,2 Gb space. Beside runnning around on a lake and fishing there is nothing else to do. Its just waiting and waiting and waiting and one fish and.... of course you can upgrade stuff, but i guess the gameplay stays the same on all maps.
Whoever likes fishing will like it. But maybe its better to go in real life fishing.
There is a book icon in top right corner of the menu screen. Tap for instructions plus details of fish and equipment.

I guess the large file size is for all the 3d scenery, yet the actual fishing has just the top-down view.

This is a simulation rather than a quick fishing game so, yes, lots of waiting. Bring a book and sandwiches. Eventually caught a tiny 0.12lb roach at Forest Lake using red devil jig and red fly larvae. The fish shop doesn't want to buy it.
09-05-2016, 07:20 AM
What's next, a "watch the grass grow simulator"?
09-05-2016, 07:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiHubb View Post
What's next, a "watch the grass grow simulator"?
That's already a thing:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/331200/

Last edited by Nekko; 09-05-2016 at 07:42 AM.
09-05-2016, 08:18 AM
How much time to catch a fish?. I tried 15 min. No fish........

GAME CENTER ID: TECHZAMAZING