★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: The immersive free-to-play version, Mahjong Journey®, is already live! Don't miss out!

Love Mahjong Artifacts? Dont miss Mahjong Artifacts: Chapter 2 - now out on iPad and iPhone!
Mahjongg Artifacts® is highly addictive tile matching game with millions of players on PC and other platforms. Escape from the rush of modern life into immersive ancient atmosphere of Mahjongg Artifacts! The prequel to Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2 and a new fan-favorite comes with three game play modes which take you through five exotic cultures. It also comes with innovative game play twists, like Special Tiles that allow you to use new strategies to clear layouts, Bonuses for skillful play and Trophies for special accomplishments. Story Mode features epic quest for lost relics, in Classic mode you can choose the layout you want to play, and in the breathtaking Endless mode you remove tiles from an ever-rising tower of game pieces.

Story mode featuring 25 layouts
Classic mode with 100 layouts
Innovative Endless mode
27 Gorgeous backgrounds
Five beautifully drawn tilesets
Music tracks inspired by ancient cultures
iPhone 6+ support

Game available in: English, French, German, Spanish, Italian, Russian

*** G5 Games - New game apps every week ! ***

Collect them all! Search for "g5" in iTunes!

Games Navigator By G5 Games
The Secret Society - Hidden Mystery
Letters From Nowhere: A Hidden Object Mystery
Questerium: Sinister Trinity, Collector's Edition
Hidden City®: Mystery of Shadows

Virtual City Playground®
Farm Clan: The Adventure
Stand O Food® City: Virtual Frenzy
Kingdom Tales 2
The Island Castaway®: Lost World

VISIT US: www.g5e.com
WATCH US: www.youtube.com/g5enter
FIND US: www.facebook.com/g5games
FOLLOW US: www.twitter.com/g5games
G5 End User License Supplemental Terms: http://www.g5e.com/G5_End_User_License_Supplemental_Terms
10-15-2009, 01:22 AM
It's strange that they would release the sequal before the original

I'm happy with Mr. Mahjong, so unless someone says this game is absolutely astounding, I'll probably pass

Playing: FIFA 12 Monster Island Quarrel Deluxe FIFA Superstars Fix-It-Up
Waiting For: Trenches 2, Ultra Kid, Car Jack Streets 2, Star Command
Plus+, Game Center, Open Feint, Crystal, Gameloft Live: jecebn

10-15-2009, 01:24 AM
yeah it is strange. Maybe 2 different development teams, one was a little quicker than the other. lol The other one had a few flaws I wonder if they have addressed those complaints people had in this one. (such as the tiles being too small)
10-15-2009, 01:49 AM
so is this better than chapter 2? i am not sure which to get, mister mahjong seems good, but it is unclear how many levels are actually included, as some of the "packs" actually requires in-app purchase.
10-15-2009, 03:37 AM
G5 has already proven a pattern of fast price dropping so wait a few days and get it cheaper.
10-15-2009, 10:43 AM
Originally Posted by ufogeek View Post
so is this better than chapter 2? i am not sure which to get, mister mahjong seems good, but it is unclear how many levels are actually included, as some of the "packs" actually requires in-app purchase.
Mr Mahjong comes with 100 in game levels / layouts. You can purchase additional ones ABOVE the 100. There isn't a story mode so depends what you look for in one of these types of games. I am enjoying Mr Mahjong however immensely. Different than the other Mahjong games. And I am also confused because I already BEAT a Mahjong Artifacts game!
10-30-2009, 04:24 PM
on sale for 99 cents

Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
11-19-2009, 10:56 AM
On sale again for 99 cents.
11-24-2010, 07:44 AM
Mahjongg Artifacts sees a Thanksgiving discount: available only today on iPhone and iPad for $0.99!

Can you feel it? Thanksgiving Day is near! Today is your one-day opportunity to download the iPhone or iPad versions of Mahjongg Artifacts for $0.99 only and escape from the holiday rush into immersive ancient mahjongg atmosphere!

Stay tuned: every day, starting November 22 till November 28, one iPhone and one iPad title is reaching a seducing price point of $0.99!
11-25-2010, 03:40 AM
Aw phooey. With all of the sales going on, this one slipped through the cracks just long enough for me to miss it.

Current obsessions: Bug Princess 2: Black Label, Neuroshima Hex, Pinball Arcade, Final Fantasy Tactics, MacGuffin's Curse, 1112, Dangerous, 100 Trials, Ascension, The Quest
Anticipating: Spirit Hunter Mineko, Rogue Touch EX, Fargoal 2, Cursed Realms