★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Open World Games

09-10-2016, 08:58 PM
Open World Games

This is a thread where people can post any open world games they find. I am one of those people that loves exploring and open world games help me do just that!!
09-10-2016, 08:59 PM
My favorite open world game so far is Stellar Horizon. You get the whole universe to explore. Every planet you can land on and traverse. It's absolutely fantastic. Then best part is it is constantly updated!

09-10-2016, 09:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin888 View Post
My favorite open world game so far is Stellar Horizon. You get the whole universe to explore. Every planet you can land on and traverse. It's absolutely fantastic. Then best part is it is constantly updated!
I bought Stellar Horizon months after it came out and was amazed to find out that planetary exploration wasn't originally in the game, it was added in an earlier update. Needless to say the updates have been great and significantly added to the overall experience. Certainly a great recommendation for those that enjoy exploring and space.

Another open world game I recommend is The Quest HD which is a grand old school western RPG. Spiderweb Software also make great open world fantasy RPG games, specifically the Avernum series, which are great and well worth the purchase.
09-10-2016, 09:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tintin888 View Post
This is a thread where people can post any open world games they find. I am one of those people that loves exploring and open world games help me do just that!!
Brightridge is all you need...
09-11-2016, 10:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLL View Post
I bought Stellar Horizon months after it came out and was amazed to find out that planetary exploration wasn't originally in the game, it was added in an earlier update. Needless to say the updates have been great and significantly added to the overall experience. Certainly a great recommendation for those that enjoy exploring and space.

Another open world game I recommend is The Quest HD which is a grand old school western RPG. Spiderweb Software also make great open world fantasy RPG games, specifically the Avernum series, which are great and well worth the purchase.
Thanks! I will wait till the price drops in the quest due to its price
09-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Might be waiting a while...
09-11-2016, 07:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
Is the game really 378mb, or will it download a bunch of stuff? What is the final size?
09-11-2016, 08:03 PM
I would kill for an post-apocalyptic open world on iOS done right.

Last edited by Dankrio; 09-11-2016 at 08:05 PM.
09-11-2016, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kizuxtheo View Post
Is the game really 378mb, or will it download a bunch of stuff? What is the final size?
That's a great question - thanks for asking That's the final files size - there's no extra downloads or anything. I was surprised it was so small too, but i just think Unity (the software i made the game in) just compresses things really well for mobile, and i spent a lot of time optimizing things.
09-11-2016, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amenbrother View Post
hehe thanks for the shoutout

Stellar Horizon looks really, really deep. What a great concept.

I'm looking forward to hearing more suggestions - i LOVE open world, especially in the palm of my hand (and I think Skyrim quality will be available in the next gen of phones