★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Letter Club is the fastest word game on planet!! Making words has never been this exciting!

Challenge your friends or climb the ranked ladder to become the greatest wordsmith the world has ever known. Can you do it? Make as many words as you can to beat your opponent. Be quick though, you have just 60 seconds! Then take your rewards and build your collection by upgrading your letters. Watch as your letters grow stronger and stronger. Unleash their ultimate power .. by making the longest word you can find on the board :P

FEATURES:

- QUICK 60-second matches! Make words as fast as your little fingers can tap

- PLAY friends through Facebook or GameCenter! We're not responsible for what happens after you win 15 times ... in a row.

- UNLOCK new characters. There's a bunch, but all you really need to know is that there be a pirate, ARRRGGGG!

- UPGRADE your letters. Make the most powerful letters anyone has ever seen!

- STICKERS for your iMessaging pleasure! Express all your thoughts and feels.

- LIVE Broadcasting, let people see your word making prowess in action!

- GLOBAL ranked matchmaking. Play against the entire world for the top crown!

- NEW dictionary for 2016! New words added with each update. Did you know the word "pwn" was accepted into the dictionary?

Simple Machine made this game with lots of love and we're committed to making games that inspire and innovate. If you think there's something we can do to improve Letter Club, or you just want to tell us what an awesome job we're doing, drop us an email at fun@simplemachine.co

A network connection is required to play this game.
09-13-2016, 02:35 PM
Well made word matching game. It seems to only have multiplayer. A single player mode for practice would be great.

01-07-2017, 09:29 AM
Im enjoying this. The gameplay is simple and fast-paced.

The one thing that annoys me is whenever I try to stream to mobcrush, it turns on the mic and camera, and wont let you turn them off until the stream starts.
01-09-2017, 02:44 AM
I was worried about the letter upgrading system getting ridiculous at higher levels - looks like I didn't have to wait that long
01-09-2017, 02:45 AM
(Messed up attaching the photo)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_8097.PNG
Views:	22
Size:	425.6 KB
ID:	110236  
01-10-2017, 05:23 PM
Hi Faffery!

We're a small studio in NYC and we've never made a game this big. So thank you thank you thank you for giving it a try and, more importantly, posting feedback so we can see what your experience is so far.

1) You mentioned the letter upgrade system feeling rediculous at higher levels. Can you tell me a bit more about that? Do you see players making crazy huge points off words compared to you?

2) The screen shot you posted shows you losing to a player who made three words. Does that seem like a consistent event? Is it more like 1/5 matches, 1/10 matches.

3) Some of the issue also comes from the fact that we don't have an awful lot of players yet. We're spending furiously to increase the amount of players online, but as online games go, you really need a lot a lot to make the flow feel consistent.

-- short answer, you may be playing with higher level players because that was the closest player to you at that given moment.

Either way, let me take a moment to appologize for the experience not being what you expected. I hope you'll stick with us and keep providing feedback. You'll see, we are so very comitted to this game. We really want it to succeed and bring something new to the word game genre.

Thanks again for your posts and your time.

Kurt
01-15-2017, 02:28 AM
Can't understand this result!

I wish I could figure out how I could lose a game against someone, when you can see in the review that I had more points... It's bizarre, and this happens quite a lot - it seems that I have to make way more points to win than my opponent. For example, it seems they need to reach 80 points, yet for me to win I must reach 130-150??
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0067.PNG
Views:	9
Size:	391.4 KB
ID:	110495  
01-15-2017, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Faffery View Post
(Messed up attaching the photo)
PIT and MANGE get the same number of points? Omg that would make me so mad.
01-16-2017, 12:06 AM
I lose even though I have more points?

I cannot win games anymore. For the past two days I have lost all my games even though I make more words and have more points than my opponents. Is there some other factor that determines the winner other than the total end points?
01-16-2017, 09:59 AM
Hey Kurt, thanks for responding. I actually kept going for a while, but once in while (maybe after six or seven games?) Id run into someone whose letters were more upgraded than mine, then Id lose having made more long words.

That first three word loss stuck with me, though, and in the end I stopped playing because the endgame seemed like it would be who can tap out short words the fastest.

I think it would have been better if the upgrades didn't affect the score.