★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Tactile Puzzles with a Twist

Twisted Lines is a new mind twisting puzzle game with a unique game mechanic wrapped in a beautiful minimalist design.

Cross the lines to swap colors and collect all hollow squares to solve the puzzle.

---------------
Features
---------------
- Over 100 handcrafted puzzles await you
- The music adapts to the way you solve the puzzle
- New puzzle elements keep the game fresh and challenging
- Create beautiful patterns and share them with your friends
- Solve all chapters and explore the hidden narrative
- Use hints if youre stuck
- New free chapters coming soon
- Pay Once and Play (in-app purchases only for non-mandatory hints)
- From the creators of "... and then it rained"

---------------
Awards
---------------
- Made with Unity Showcase Unite16 Europe
- Brighton Develop Showcase
- 2nd Place Big Indie Pitch Berlin

For questions, problems or feedback please send us an email to info@megagonindustries.com or contact us via http://www.facebook.com/TwistedLinesGames or http://www.twitter.com/TwistTheLines.

If you enjoy Twisted Lines please have a look at our previous game ... and then it rained.

Happy Twisting!
- Megagon Industries

Boardumb's comments:

09-15-2016, 01:39 AM
Hi people ha ha, I am back on the forums, just wanted to say that this is a great and elegant puzzler.

09-15-2016, 02:58 AM
I want to like this. Damn, it's a game that wants to be loved. But it's effectively broken for those who try it on an iPhone 6 Plus (latest iOS). I can't say if this is true for other devices/iOS versions.

Ever heard the expression; "Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow."? (A hitchhiker's reference - BBC). Well, this is the same. It's an ultimately futile experience to try and "drag" this line in the direction you want as it very much has a life of its' own. I don't know whether it's an issue of overly sensitive controls, or not properly calibrated for a screen of this size, however, just trying to get the line to go in a direction that enables you to complete the puzzle ends up being a whole new "puzzle" and one that the developers surely didn't intend!

Good luck if you want to try yourself. I'm sure you'll be fine on an iPad screen. Anything else though? Highly recommended that you avoid until/if it's fixed.

Sorry devs!
09-15-2016, 03:39 AM
Just left you a 5 star review on the Dutch Appstore, the game works fine by me, I am on Ipad Air.
09-15-2016, 05:21 AM
@ BlackEyedGamer Hey there, developer here. We are really sorry that you have problems with the game. We never had any issues with the game on 6+ until now so we're not sure what's causing it but we currently trying to get our hands on a test device. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible. Promise!

@ROGER-NL
Thanks! Glad you like it!
09-15-2016, 08:13 AM
I'm really liking this. I played on my iPad Air 2 and no issues whatsoever. It's a great and very unique puzzle game.
09-15-2016, 08:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGreatEscaper View Post
I'm really liking this. I played on my iPad Air 2 and no issues whatsoever. It's a great and very unique puzzle game.
Yeah, this is the best game this week, shame there is no Game of the Week voting anymore.
09-15-2016, 08:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEyedGamer View Post
I want to like this. Damn, it's a game that wants to be loved. But it's effectively broken for those who try it on an iPhone 6 Plus (latest iOS). I can't say if this is true for other devices/iOS versions.

Ever heard the expression; "Looks like a fish. Moves like a fish. Steers like a cow."? (A hitchhiker's reference - BBC). Well, this is the same. It's an ultimately futile experience to try and "drag" this line in the direction you want as it very much has a life of its' own. I don't know whether it's an issue of overly sensitive controls, or not properly calibrated for a screen of this size, however, just trying to get the line to go in a direction that enables you to complete the puzzle ends up being a whole new "puzzle" and one that the developers surely didn't intend!

Good luck if you want to try yourself. I'm sure you'll be fine on an iPad screen. Anything else though? Highly recommended that you avoid until/if it's fixed.

Sorry devs!
I agree, its much better on Ipad than Iphone 6+
09-15-2016, 09:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEyedGamer View Post

Sorry devs!
Well, the developers have come back and confirmed that it is a problem and will hopefully find a fix over the weekend. Maybe those with similar devices should just hold off until it gets updated. Whereas those with iPads can just enjoy the puzzling adventure and laud it over those with less endowed devices ;-)
09-15-2016, 09:49 AM
Just to clarify. As far as we can tell it seems to be an iPhone6+ only problem. All other pads and phones should be safe. (hopefully)