★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad Pro 12.9

09-20-2016, 09:03 AM
iPad Pro 12.9

My iPad Pro 12.9" is on the way. Upgrading from iPad Air. I think I'll start with Ember and push Brightridge to its limits. Any other recommendations?

Last edited by ashmike3; 09-20-2016 at 09:06 AM.
09-20-2016, 09:47 AM
I waa really thinking about getting one myself. However, I fear that games that use virtual control would be clunky. I don't care for mfi.

Please, give some imps later.

09-20-2016, 02:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dankrio View Post
I waa really thinking about getting one myself. However, I fear that games that use virtual control would be clunky. I don't care for mfi.

Please, give some imps later.
Will do. I do use a wifi controller sometimes. Should have the iPad by the weekend.
09-20-2016, 02:32 PM
My mother just bought a iPad Pro 12.9 and it's absolutely amazing! She plays Disney Magic Kingdoms and it is awesome looking on the iPad Pro. All of the graphical candies that were disabled on her old iPad 2 are enabled on the Pro. Textures seem much better, lighting effects added on many attractions, and shadowing all over the place. Most importantly the game runs much better. I wanted her to download the new Oz game but she told me "That's not my Oz!" , oh well .

I just have my lowly iPad Air but if I had a Pro I would certainly look forward to downloading and checking out the added graphical improvements on these games:

Oz: Broken Kingdom
Asphalt 8
Rush Rally 2
Stellar Horizon
Warhammer 40k Freeblade
and the biggest graphical beast of them all Sudoku+
09-20-2016, 04:52 PM
I asked this question a couple weeks ago - here is the link to that thread. Enjoy!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=292946

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
09-20-2016, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
I asked this question a couple weeks ago - here is the link to that thread. Enjoy!

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=292946
Thanks. Good list there.
09-20-2016, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonLL View Post
My mother just bought a iPad Pro 12.9 and it's absolutely amazing! She plays Disney Magic Kingdoms and it is awesome looking on the iPad Pro. All of the graphical candies that were disabled on her old iPad 2 are enabled on the Pro. Textures seem much better, lighting effects added on many attractions, and shadowing all over the place. Most importantly the game runs much better. I wanted her to download the new Oz game but she told me "That's not my Oz!" , oh well .

I just have my lowly iPad Air but if I had a Pro I would certainly look forward to downloading and checking out the added graphical improvements on these games:

Oz: Broken Kingdom
Asphalt 8
Rush Rally 2
Stellar Horizon
Warhammer 40k Freeblade
and the biggest graphical beast of them all Sudoku+
Appreciated. I'll check out some of these too
09-21-2016, 08:46 PM
I see you mentioned Brightridge, I tried just cranking up everything on my 9.7 pro and it became a lagfest, I tweaked some more and got better performance but not so great graphics, is there a place to talk about the best settings for each device?

Congrats on the purchase!

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion
09-21-2016, 08:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeanTuna View Post
I see you mentioned Brightridge, I tried just cranking up everything on my 9.7 pro and it became a lagfest, I tweaked some more and got better performance but not so great graphics, is there a place to talk about the best settings for each device?

Congrats on the purchase!
Thanks. Probably just the game forum thread. Forum member Nullzone would likely know as much as the dev. Dedicated fan of the game. Great dev as well. Surprised the iPad Pro didn't run well with all settings cranked. I'll have to look into that as well when I get mine
09-21-2016, 10:53 PM
Yeah I was surprised as well, one thing that caught my attention was that when choosing resolution my device was listed as an ipad mini 4, dunno if that means the game does'nt see it as a Pro or just a naming error. I'll check the thread to see if anyone has tried cranking it up and what settings they used.

Favorite games: LittleWing Crystal Caliburn, Legends of Yore, Hook Worlds, Phoenix HD, DoDonPachi Resurrection, Spectral Souls, Bastion, Avadon, Dariusburst SP, Aquaria, King of Dragon Pass & Starbase Orion