★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

[Soft Launch AU/CA/IT] Cookie Clickers 2 (by redBit games)

09-20-2016, 11:10 AM
[Soft Launch AU/CA/IT] Cookie Clickers 2 (by redBit games)

Hi guys. Simone from redBit games here to drop a quick line about the fact that we're releasing Cookie Clickers 2 in some selected countries.

I don't think Cookie Clickers needs some sort of explanation or presentation for you guys. It's a game that has been downloaded and played by 30 million of people from its launch.

redBit games just decided to soft launch the second iteration of this incremental clicker game called "Cookie Clickers 2". It's available in Canada, Australia and Italy and it's global launch date is set for October 12th (if everything goes fine during our soft launch).

Enjoy the Baking Evolution!
09-20-2016, 02:54 PM
Hi Simone,

Decided to give this a try because I am looking to check out new game genres, and just to try something different.
However, when I launched Cookie Clickers 2, all I got was this...

64-bit Windows 10 build 14393.187, 64-bit iTunes 12.5.1.21, running iOS 10.0.1 on a iPod touch (6th gen) from Canada.

Last edited by new_ipodtouch5G_owner; 09-20-2016 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Added specs

09-20-2016, 10:41 PM
Is this real. Holy shit
09-20-2016, 10:49 PM
Wtf

I get the same thing.....seriously you post about this game soft launching and then REQUIRE that 3 of your FB friends HAVE TO sign up in order for you to play.....WTF man
09-20-2016, 10:51 PM
PLUS..when I select FB friends and hit send, nothing happens.............................
09-20-2016, 10:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by new_ipodtouch5G_owner View Post
Hi Simone,

Decided to give this a try because I am looking to check out new game genres, and just to try something different.
However, when I launched Cookie Clickers 2, all I got was this...

64-bit Windows 10 build 14393.187, 64-bit iTunes 12.5.1.21, running iOS 10.0.1 on a iPod touch (6th gen) from Canada.
Same waist of my minutes lol
09-20-2016, 11:26 PM
I feel like this could be fake and possibly malware..
09-21-2016, 03:46 AM
Hi all guys.

Yeah I know it could be annoying to have 3 facebook friends in order to play the game but this is exactly the same methor google used when they started gmail's service: to have a Gmail you had to be invited by one of your friends. Cookie Clickers 2 at the moment is an "invite" app/game as well.

To be full honest with you guys the reason is not to make it an "exclusive" game but just to test how our servers and the game itself will respond. If we did a normal soft launch, without this invite system, at day 0 we would have a critical amount of users anyway (even if we launched in 3 countries: you perfectly know how to do an CA/AU/IT iTunes account ).
With the invite system users are growing every day in a smooth way.
With Cookie Clickers 2 we've added a lot of features but the main one is the syncing of your progress and profile in the cloud with our servers. That means that now you can play CC2 on one device and then play the same game with the same progress on another one (from iPhone to iPad for example) like every game that is "respectable" at the moment (Hearthstone or Clash Royale anyone?).

Cookie Clickers received a big public success back in the days (3 years ago): as i said we're speaking of MILLIONS of players (800.000 players in one day). Even if in 3 countries there are just 1/100 (and that's not true i think) of them we're speaking of 10.000 players in the first day. If something went wrong it will harm the product and our company way worse than this invite soft launch so we need to be prepared (we're not Niantic... even if we're getting there ). And let me tell you a big truth: everyone will be WAY more ANGRY if they download the game and servers are not working than if they see invites

Thanks to this soft launch we're testing the load of our servers gradually with players growing every day by small numbers, that is helping us very much in studying the response of all the infrastructure.

When the game will launch, in 3 weeks (i'm revealing now in this forum for the first time the official global launch date: 12th October 2016), this invite system will be removed.

Thanks for the patience guys.

That said, _hnng_, could you plz tell me details of what are you experiencing? Because everything should work fine at the moment with invites... could you plz be so gentle and explaining me better what's happening to you? What device have you got? What OS? Thanks in advance.
09-21-2016, 01:58 PM
Everyone is entitled to have their own strategy...but a lot of people will delete and never play your game for the fact that you are requiring to connect to FB AND invite friends (who have to accept). Not the best way to launch this IMO

I am on iPhone 6S with iOS 10. I click on send invite, select friends, then click send. Nothing. It takes me back to the invite screen, so I click on invite again. The same friends show up that I just sent invites to as if I never sent them the invite to begin with.
09-21-2016, 10:33 PM
I don't have friends to add to this damn game.
I've been playing the first one forever now and this is quite annoying.
Sorry but I even made a different account in another country to try this out just to be put out with having to bug everyone on my friends list and then all saying no.