★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Deus Ex GO: $4.99 > $1.99

09-22-2016, 08:08 AM
Deus Ex GO: $4.99 > $1.99

09-22-2016, 08:45 AM
This and Space Marshals 2? They've only been out about a month!

Suggests a diminishing appetite for sequels in a similar vein, maybe? Even if they are very well done games.

2016 GOTY nominations (needs editing!): Crashlands, FFIX, Sky Force Reloaded, Lost Socks, Tennis Champs Returns, Teeny Titans, Human Resource Machine, Imbroglio, Retsnom, SteamWorld Heist
Comeback of the year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
09-22-2016, 01:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
This and Space Marshals 2? They've only been out about a month!

Suggests a diminishing appetite for sequels in a similar vein, maybe? Even if they are very well done games.
Wow... I havent even played this one past the first few stages. I hope there is good reason other than low sales.

But yeah, this is highly recommended especially at this price point.

Exact-Psience My 2014 Top 10 Games of the Year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, Hearthstone, VVVVVV, Battleheart Legacy, Wayward Souls, Bug Heroes 2, Powerpuff Girls Defenders of Townsville, Deep Loot, Monument Valley, Bioshock Honorable Mentions: Traps N Gemstones, Bardbarian, Goblin Sword
09-22-2016, 01:32 PM
Yes, it's certainly alarming to see both this and Space Marshal 2 drop in price this quick. Even Lara Croft GO took at least two months before its first sale happened. I can only imagine bad sales being one—if not the only—reason behind this move, but I am hoping the situation isn't that dire or it may very well affect future releases.

Last edited by Yanagi; 09-22-2016 at 01:38 PM.
09-22-2016, 03:09 PM
I picked this up today, along with SM2... I don't remember SM1 ever going on sale, until it went free a few months ago.. I was a bit surprised by these price drops. Of course, with a huge backlog, its always a juggle, but I don't like to pass up a good sale.

It can be hard to justify buying on release day with sales popping up so quickly.. But, from a matter of principle alone, I do enjoy being able to support indy devs, so I do still buy a lot of stuff on release. Honestly though, sales like this do make you question hitting the buy button so quickly sometimes.
09-22-2016, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyClash View Post
I picked this up today, along with SM2... I don't remember SM1 ever going on sale, until it went free a few months ago.. I was a bit surprised by these price drops. Of course, with a huge backlog, its always a juggle, but I don't like to pass up a good sale.

It can be hard to justify buying on release day with sales popping up so quickly.. But, from a matter of principle alone, I do enjoy being able to support indy devs, so I do still buy a lot of stuff on release. Honestly though, sales like this do make you question hitting the buy button so quickly sometimes.
I buy SM1 when it was on sale.

I just pick SM2 after reading reading all the reviews of DEGO...

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

“Honestly, I was never terribly good at games.” - Finch (PoI S2E16)