★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: RYOHEI SATO
  • Genre: Simulation
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 78.6 MB
  • Version: 2.0.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Finally, you can create RPG's on the go with RPG Creator for iOS!

This unique app will have you building maps, creating npcs and monsters, fighting epic battles, and sharing your creation with the world in no time at all!

Features:
- Create villages, castles, caves, world maps and more with the Map Editor!
- Easily create events and bring your RPG to life!
- Extensive Database allows you to modify and customize your game!
- Default resources and assets to get you started or you can import your own!
- Play Games made by other users or upload your own creations!

Create RPG's with the touch of your finger! Compatible with both iPhone's and iPad's!
09-23-2016, 10:12 PM
This game is a lot harder and confusing an I thought. It doesn't explain anything and I tried to make my own world it didn't turn out so well but it's still cool. Makes you appreciate how much work rpgs take to make.

im a rpg loving kind of guy

09-23-2016, 10:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
This game is a lot harder and confusing an I thought. It doesn't explain anything and I tried to make my own world it didn't turn out so well but it's still cool. Makes you appreciate how much work rpgs take to make.
There is a help
It def takes some getting used to
I had named character enemies weapons all of it
Even assigned stats crashed went back none of that came back it reset so yeah I learned hard way about 1 hour and a half work gone just like that
Played it for a few hours now I'm knocking off some great stuff lived and learned
Once I read up a lot and got the hang of it
It all opened up but I'm here to say it isn't easy and will require lots of reading and trial and error
One thing I find nice is using real scenery for the battle backdrop really cool the things u can do once you get the feel enemies all that can be real or creations u did in another program or app

Last edited by Dailon80; 09-23-2016 at 10:46 PM.
09-24-2016, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dailon80 View Post
There is a help
It def takes some getting used to
I had named character enemies weapons all of it
Even assigned stats crashed went back none of that came back it reset so yeah I learned hard way about 1 hour and a half work gone just like that
Played it for a few hours now I'm knocking off some great stuff lived and learned
Once I read up a lot and got the hang of it
It all opened up but I'm here to say it isn't easy and will require lots of reading and trial and error
One thing I find nice is using real scenery for the battle backdrop really cool the things u can do once you get the feel enemies all that can be real or creations u did in another program or app

I tried downloading other peoples creation to play to see and try to understand how they make it but it's all Japanese ;-; lol definitely like it though will buy full version hopefully

im a rpg loving kind of guy
09-24-2016, 05:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambo12 View Post
I tried downloading other peoples creation to play to see and try to understand how they make it but it's all Japanese ;-; lol definitely like it though will buy full version hopefully
Yeah for now it is but eventually it won't
They just have that to start
Just came out so no ones uploading anything yet

I can understand Japanese enough to know what's going on
09-24-2016, 08:37 AM
Anyone who used RPG Maker 2000 or 2003 shouldn't have any trouble with this, I had a world map, dialogue sequence and starting location made quite quickly. With custom graphics and animations imported a fun game could easily be made with this. I do worry that we will see a ton of RTP fuelled half-arsed attempts before anything genuinely good appears on the scene however.
09-24-2016, 12:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enker View Post
Anyone who used RPG Maker 2000 or 2003 shouldn't have any trouble with this, I had a world map, dialogue sequence and starting location made quite quickly. With custom graphics and animations imported a fun game could easily be made with this. I do worry that we will see a ton of RTP fuelled half-arsed attempts before anything genuinely good appears on the scene however.
Right on
Yeah that's why I'm taking my sweet time to make something worth playing
You're right if you have previous knowledge or if you just study and raadnall about it you can figure it out
09-24-2016, 06:06 PM
We've put together a quick start guide for RPG Creator.
PDF version is here.
09-25-2016, 07:02 PM
RPGmaker.net is a great resource for people looking for tips on how to use the program well, albeit somewhat elitist. Rmrk.net is another great community, albeit even more elitist. Why the elitism? It's nothing bad if you are wondering. RPGs just take a lot of work and generally gamers who have never made an RPG don't have a clue how much work goes into even a simple one. Indie RPGs are incredibly under appreciated and heavily overly criticized by critics. But these creators are passionate, which is why they continue making games even as critics continally lambast them with the phrase "RPGmaker game."
09-28-2016, 05:40 AM
If I put in all the effort learning this tool to make a great rpg, am I able to take the generated files and use those towards creating a game for the App Store?