Universal Crafter Game - Incremental Puzzle RPG Game (By Goktug Yilmaz)

Discussion in 'iPhone and iPad Games' started by Repulsa, Sep 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    /Old Soft Launch Thread\

Fully premium, one of the greatest incremental games I've seen in awhile, been playing it all morning

2. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    Seems fun but graphically really uninteresting.
    Got bored fast. It's 2016, I need at least a tiny bit of visual appeal with my games.

3. dondo

dondo Member

Mar 28, 2015
    Game is marked as free but App Store shows $.99.

4. Thomadaneau

Thomadaneau Well-Known Member

Mar 26, 2013
    Digital marketing consultant
    This game is realllllly fun. There is a lot of depth, like a hell lot.

It's a crafting game with lots of recipes.

I love this game.

5. Repulsa

Repulsa Well-Known Member

Jul 3, 2015
    It's definitely not a free game. It's a fully premium one time pay game. I'm not sure what that's about but yes this is a ton of fun and there is a lot of depth to it :)

6. HLW

HLW Well-Known Member

Sep 2, 2010
    UK
    Great crafting game. Doesn't have much in the way of graphics but I'm not sure that really matters for this sort of game.

7. KeKhan

KeKhan Well-Known Member

May 28, 2012
    It absolutely does...

8. Marlon Bargh

Marlon Bargh Active Member
    Patreon Silver

Apr 7, 2015
    Great game, sort of like a dark room in its simplicity of graphics and the constant requirement to balance production of food and other resources

9. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Dev Here

@Repulsa Thanks for posting the game ^^

@dondo We developed the game while in store (it only had 5 minutes of gameplay) and constantly added user feedback to our game. After a while the game had enough content to play for 10s of hours so we made it 0.99$ a while back. I don't know why it says free and has the old screenshots while having the updated description.

@Kekhan I'm happy to hear that you said it seems fun. It's mostly because we have an awesome community who supports us and helps us make the game more fun. Unfortunately we are 2 developers and not very good in the illustration part.

But we are now looking for an illustrator who can make the game look pretty and exciting. I don't know how long it'll take us to find one and how long it'll take her to make something but hopefully you and other players that care about visual appeal will find it more interesting. If you have anymore feedback please post here or message me, I'm always available for our players.

10. ruhama

ruhama Member

Jul 23, 2013
    It looks like you've pulled all the App Store screenshots that would give users any idea what gameplay is like. Just a black screen now with a couple words on it.

IMO, very few people will pony up $1 for an unknown game they can't even see one decent screenshot of. Probably a good idea to add something back in, even if the graphics aren't ideal.

11. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    When making the screen shot, we looked at all the good games. Their first images/videos were explaining why that game was awesome. After some brain storming we decided that the unrevealing, the mystery of what is next, the thrill to discover the next thing is the reason why crafter game is awesome. So we thought on how we could explain it and came up with this.

Since we update the game every week, we can easily change the images thus decided to do a 1 week test. The results were good so we're keeping it for a second week. (since we don't know if the downloads came from the store or word of mouth recommendation)

If we can come up with a better way on explaining "why" crafter game is awesome we'll definitely change the images. I'm not sure about adding a few "how" image since it contradicts with "why". But I guess we'll eventually figure it out with enough player talk :)

12. ruhama

ruhama Member

Jul 23, 2013
    Glad you've had fair results so far! My only other concern would be with player reviews. If a person buys sight unseen, they may be more likely to leave a dissatisfied review dinging the game a star based on "bad graphics", whereas if you see the UI before paying, you're unlikely to complain as much. Surprise can sometimes lead to frustration if they feel tricked, and they won't stay around long enough to realize it's a cool game.

But it may work well for you! Just some thoughts. Either way, I hope it goes great and you find an awesome illustrator soon.

13. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Hmm, I didn't think of that aspect. I will keep an eye out for that. Thank you for your concern. If you have any more request/advice about the game feel free to reach out.

14. Truffled

Truffled Well-Known Member

Sep 30, 2013
    #14 Truffled, Jan 21, 2017
    Last edited: Jan 21, 2017
    New player. Just picked up the game today. My game keeps crashing when I try to use the primitive axe on a medium branch for the first time.

15. demirb

demirb Well-Known Member

May 18, 2016
    Dev of Crafter Game
    Welcome,

I checked the crash logs. The crash is due to the game trying to refresh your 26th storage. So the problem is probably due to your storage being full at the time. Try to open up a few spots (since chopping branch results in 4 items). See if that works for you.

Either way I'll fix this bug by the next update on Friday so the worst case scenario you can update it and continue playing without crashes on Friday.

16. Esqarrouth

Esqarrouth Well-Known Member

Oct 13, 2016
    Dev
    Land of Stone
    #16 Esqarrouth, Apr 1, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2017
    Dawn of Crafting (iOS Crafting RPG)

I'm a dev. We recently updated the name of the game to Dawn of Crafting. This thread is still using the old name.

I guess someone needs to create a new post for that, I don't seem to have enough karma/points.
    Edit: Oh I see now.. Noob me