★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: *Warning: the game will work on iPhone 5C and above and iPad Pro / 4. Other devices are not supported*

On a world where a giant and lethal storm restlessly moves around the globe, people learned to survive in this cold, harsh and hostile environment. They are searching for the Refuge, a place where the Frost would never go.

Inspired by deckbuilding games like Dominion, Ascension and the like, Frost is solo survival card game that puts you in charge of a group of people looking for the Refuge. Resources, weapons, ideas, dangers and regions are represented by cards, use them wisely!

- Challenging survival deckbuilding gameplay, requiring anticipation, strategy and memory
- Intriguing, immersive universe
- Sloppy but graceful unique artwork
- Hours of gameplay with difficulty modes, endless mode, Scenarios and cards to unlock
- Dozens of cards to discover
- Different characters with different abilities
- Accessible and paced at your own rhythm, playable by all (some illustrations might disturb the youngest)
- Made with love <3

LordGek's comments:

It's finally here! A very fun stylistic solo cardgame in a similar deck building vein as games like Ascension or Dominion.
09-25-2016, 08:01 PM
This looks supremely special. Thank you for finding and posting while simultaneously laying an enticingly inescapable trap for my wallet.

Last edited by Son of Anarchy; 09-25-2016 at 08:03 PM.

09-25-2016, 08:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Anarchy View Post
This looks supremely special. Thank you for finding and posting while simultaneously laying an enticingly inescapable trap for my wallet.
I was a huge fan of the Steam version and had the honor of testing the late beta of this iOS version and can verify, at least on my iPad Pro and iPhone 6+, iOS 10.2, it's run crash free for dozens of games!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-25-2016, 08:26 PM
This looks really cool (cough). I'm going to buy this and just chillax (cough, cough).

Corny puns intended.

However, before I hit buy. The app description says "iPad Pro/4" is required. Does this mean that on the low end, the iPad 4 (which is 4th Gen iPad Retina) as the baseline is the minimum? So, my iPad Air (5th Gen iPad) should be sufficient? Can someone please confirm or correct before I hit "buy"?

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy

Last edited by ColeDaddy; 09-25-2016 at 08:31 PM.
09-25-2016, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
This looks really cool (cough). I'm going to buy this and just chillax (cough, cough).

Corny puns intended.

However, before I hit buy. The app description says "iPad Pro/4" is required. Does this mean that on the low end, the iPad 4 (which is 4th Gen iPad Retina) as the baseline is the minimum? So, my iPad Air (5th Gen iPad) should be sufficient? Can someone please confirm or correct before I hit "buy"?
I sure would think you're safe if you have a retina display and are more recent than the mentioned iPad 4.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-25-2016, 08:54 PM
I think it's safe to say everyone should be getting strong dream quest vibes from looking at the screenies and the deck builder type description.

i think I won't be able to resist this one.
09-25-2016, 09:14 PM
First problem is theres no screen rotation of any kind.
09-25-2016, 09:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke12 View Post
First problem is theres no screen rotation of any kind.
Enjoyed the steam demo, but no screen rotation is a problem. Should be mandatory on any iPad game.

I'm guessing right-side up has home button to the left?

Last edited by Misguided; 09-25-2016 at 09:27 PM.
09-25-2016, 09:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Enjoyed the steam demo, but no screen rotation is a problem. Should be mandatory on any iPad game.

I'm guessing right-side up has home button to the left?
Aye, sucks with smart cover.
09-25-2016, 09:37 PM
It's so cool. The only thing I don't like that why the game is released when the winter is coming? It's take me feeling colder than normal... lol.

Pine Entertainment