★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A follow up to the puzzle hit 'MegaCity'! Concrete Jungle is a new take on the city building genre that swaps micro-management for a more strategic and puzzle-orientated style of city planning.

You have a deck of selected cards which you can use to place buildings. Each building will affect it's surroundings in different ways. The aim of the game is to clear city blocks by gathering the required number of points from your residents, giving more room to build. As the city grows, bigger and better new buildings can be added to your deck!

As you get opportunities to hone and refine your deck, residents will demand more from you. You'll find yourself inadvertently creating zoning puzzles- playing against your own past planning decisions.

Alternatively engage in competitive city planning against challenging AI or local players. Take it in turns to place buildings in the same city and battle over the affection of your citizens!

* Over 230 cards available and no micro-transactions!
* 8 Playable characters each with their own skill trees, unique cards and play style.
* Hilarious fully voice-acted story mode!
* Competitive city planning featuring challenging AI in 'Versus' mode.
* Local competitive/co-op multiplayer for up to 4 players or AI.
* Gorgeous vibrant, detailed isometric graphics.
* Rich and atmospheric soundtrack.
* Achievements & leaderboards.

iPad or large screen iPhone recommended.
iOS 9 or newer required.
09-28-2016, 05:06 AM
Really good rep over on steam, so I defs have one eye on this. Been waiting for it to appear since reading about it a few days ago. Deck builders are always welcome but this is one that sounds different from the pack.

09-28-2016, 05:43 AM

Really liking this so far. Don't expect a city builder, but a puzzle game with a city building theme. Only thing I'm concerned about is the lack of an undo button. The game is pretty hard and I accidentally placed a card more than once and it will lead to failing a level.
09-28-2016, 08:27 AM
"iPad or large screen iPhone recommended."

Anyone with a regular iPhone took the plunge? How bad is it? :P
09-28-2016, 09:50 AM
It's a great game overall, plays smooth. But very difficult to be honest.
09-28-2016, 10:05 AM
I just redownloaded MegaCity again and gave it a go.
Still quite an enjoyable game. Looking forward to the gorgeous updated graphics and what else is in stock.
09-28-2016, 10:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amusing Grace View Post
I just redownloaded MegaCity again and gave it a go.
Still quite an enjoyable game. Looking forward to the gorgeous updated graphics and what else is in stock.
It's still that same core gameplay, but ramped up to 11!

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
09-28-2016, 10:27 AM
Hi guys, developer here. I'll try and check this thread from time to time and answer any questions you may have.

About the regular size iphones- I've got a 5S myself so I've tested it on that. It's playable but some of the text is hard to read.

Creator of MegaCity & Planet Wars. Always working on some exciting game development projects! Check out the latest at : ColePowered

Follow me on twitter @colejefferies

Last edited by colej_uk; 09-28-2016 at 10:28 AM. Reason: typo
09-28-2016, 11:02 AM
Oo this one looks fun ! Hmmmm
09-28-2016, 11:33 AM
What are the differences between this and MegaCity?