★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: * Featured in 122 countries and #1 Racing game in 67 countries. Explore the ALL NEW Desert scenery, with 10 tracks and two new soundtracks winding across sandy dunes and breathtaking canyons.*[Please note that for best gaming performance, we strongly recommend to run the game at least on iPhone 5 or iPad 3 and superior. Thank you!]Race in a completly new way!Explore different continents and conquer all the tracks in this funny and engaging speed challenge.Master your speed control in the curves and stay on the road to not give other racers an inch of asphalt.Challenge your friends and other racers to face each other directly, and join tournaments to become a Legend of the leaderboards!Pocket Rush offers it all:- Super easy controls: tap to floor it, leave to slow down- 40 unique tracks in 4 environments to explore- A vast vehicle fleet: collect them all!- Multiplayer mode: challenge your friends and others in asyncronous online events - Local and Global leaderboards- 3D graphics in low-poly art- Great physics- Original sound tracks themed according to environments-------------------------------Pocket Rush is completely free to play but some in-game items such as special boosts and new cars will require payment.Run to the fun with Pocket Rush!Like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter and Instagram for the latest news:facebook.com/redBitgamestwitter.com/redbitgamesinstagram.com/redbit_games

lSoLlAKirA's comments:

Hi guys. Always Simone here, always from Rome (Italy), always posting you something about games published by the company i work for, redBit games!

Today it's really a special special day. The game you guys from the TouchArcade forum helped developing with beta testing is finally in the stores!

I'm speaking about Pocket Rush, a single tap real 3D racing game (developed with Unity) that will make you race between city, countryside, mountains and coast circuits.

The game is the greatest effort in the company history and it was developed in Italy from the first piece of art to the final programming and sound design. It's totally "indie" and so if you want to support this kind of game just download it and try to have fun
It's free (with IAP) and i'm sure you will have tons of fun playing it.
It's fast, it's challenging, it's has got multiplayer online challenge (1vs1) and weekly tournaments.

This is the official trailer in which you will find Bruce McGuire starring, he was in the first Tim Burton's Batman, as the TV Anchorman.

Any feedback (or questions) from people of this forum it's really appreciated, thanks for your attention and time!
09-28-2016, 04:41 PM
Just given it a quick few races and I've got to say it looks and plays well and I'm enjoying the actual gameplay elements but there seems to be two different types of currency, timers and some kind of energy/repair system that I really don't understand very well.....

09-29-2016, 03:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
Just given it a quick few races and I've got to say it looks and plays well and I'm enjoying the actual gameplay elements but there seems to be two different types of currency, timers and some kind of energy/repair system that I really don't understand very well.....
Energy = fuel. You need that to race and every race consume one unit. Every 10 minutes you gain a new one or you can buy unlimited fuel in the shop. You can also win fuel at the slot machine...
Coins = small money. You use that to unlock almost all cars and all powerups. You need them to play challenges (you bet them and you can win from your opponents). You also repair the car with coins in the garage.
Bucks = big money. You can use that to unlock the scenarios if you don't want to play (you can unlock them just by playing). You need them to play tournaments (and you win them in tournaments). There are 2 cars that you can buy ONLY with bucks. You also need bucks to buy Vigogreen (that is a special nitro).

Ok i respect your point, it's very complicated... But playing the game you will learn all this stuff. It's just trying to explain all the stuff in Clash Royale or playing it. The lattest is very easy compared to the first...
09-29-2016, 06:35 AM
Any chance this is coming to Apple TV?
09-29-2016, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by orangecan View Post
Can't say i blame you

So you have standard coins which you earn by placing in races. Then you have bucks, one of the premium currencies, which you can purchase with real money, win at the slotmachine and i dunno if it can be obtained in other ways. Then you have the green stuff which you use to upgrade cars but it will disappear over time which, as far as i can tell, means you'll have to purchase more of it just to keep your upgrades. From what i've seen you also earn it by levelling up but i imagine that's not going to cut it in the long run. Finally you have a fuel system, the standard f2p kind, which can be removed completely with an IAP

My question is - even if i pay to remove the fuel system, wont i be forced to spend more money getting the green stuff?

Love the art direction, the gameplay is fun and if the green stuff wasn't in game i probably would have purchased the IAP to remove the fuel but i need clarification on how we can obtain it
09-29-2016, 08:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jn2002dk View Post
Can't say i blame you

So you have standard coins which you earn by placing in races. Then you have bucks, one of the premium currencies, which you can purchase with real money, win at the slotmachine and i dunno if it can be obtained in other ways. Then you have the green stuff which you use to upgrade cars but it will disappear over time which, as far as i can tell, means you'll have to purchase more of it just to keep your upgrades. From what i've seen you also earn it by levelling up but i imagine that's not going to cut it in the long run. Finally you have a fuel system, the standard f2p kind, which can be removed completely with an IAP

My question is - even if i pay to remove the fuel system, wont i be forced to spend more money getting the green stuff?

Love the art direction, the gameplay is fun and if the green stuff wasn't in game i probably would have purchased the IAP to remove the fuel but i need clarification on how we can obtain it
Standard coins you earn just by playing = correct.
The you have bucks, premium currencies, you can purchase with real money win at the slot = correct.
Also, you obtain bucks by levelling up your character AND winning weekly tournaments.

The "green stuff" (it's called Vigogreen) it's a boost that wear off race by race (not with time). Pay attention: you cannot "upgrade" your car for good. If you want to upgrade tyres you have to buy a new car with better tyres But as you said you can use vigogreen to upgrade any part of the car for some races.

That said, for answering your question, I think that you can play Pocket Rush without spending any money. Of course your progress will be slow and your multiplayer experience cannot be so successful
Anyway buying unlimited fuels can be a good idea for what you want to do. With that, for example, you can race more than your opponent in weekly tournaments and so you can gain more bucks and so you can speed up your progress and so on.

Just for reference: you can also gain almost everything (fuel, bucks, coins) watching a video ad.

For any other question, i'm here!

Thanks for your compliments, we really appreciate that!
09-29-2016, 09:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lSoLlAKirA View Post
Standard coins you earn just by playing = correct.
The you have bucks, premium currencies, you can purchase with real money win at the slot = correct.
Also, you obtain bucks by levelling up your character AND winning weekly tournaments.

The "green stuff" (it's called Vigogreen) it's a boost that wear off race by race (not with time). Pay attention: you cannot "upgrade" your car for good. If you want to upgrade tyres you have to buy a new car with better tyres But as you said you can use vigogreen to upgrade any part of the car for some races.

That said, for answering your question, I think that you can play Pocket Rush without spending any money. Of course your progress will be slow and your multiplayer experience cannot be so successful
Anyway buying unlimited fuels can be a good idea for what you want to do. With that, for example, you can race more than your opponent in weekly tournaments and so you can gain more bucks and so you can speed up your progress and so on.

Just for reference: you can also gain almost everything (fuel, bucks, coins) watching a video ad.

For any other question, i'm here!

Thanks for your compliments, we really appreciate that!
Ok, that makes sense

Vigogreen is simply a temporary boost for a few races

Cheers
09-29-2016, 10:42 AM
Pheeeew it's like an exam here on every comment, and yours was like taking good grade

Anyway Pocket Rush at the moment is featured on the app store all across Europe! YEAAAAAH
09-29-2016, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lSoLlAKirA View Post
Pheeeew it's like an exam here on every comment, and yours was like taking good grade

Anyway Pocket Rush at the moment is featured on the app store all across Europe! YEAAAAAH
Congratulations

Question - do i have to complete a certain amount of single player races to buy a new car? Nvm, found it. It's under user profile

Last edited by jn2002dk; 09-29-2016 at 03:05 PM.
09-29-2016, 05:44 PM
Took me a bit to figure out where to select a car, too.

I swear at some point I got a notification that I had a new car, yet when I went to the garage I only had the option to buy a few cars. Is that what it meant, that new cars were available, not earned?