★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Komrad is free for a limited time

09-28-2016, 02:02 PM

This game just came out a couple weeks ago and Already free. I bought it and will say it's not bad at all and def for free grab it up.

KOMRAD by Sentient Play LLC
https://appsto.re/us/_Dv28.i
09-28-2016, 02:30 PM

Downloading

Thanks

Game Center: FiloMJ

My Steam Profile

09-28-2016, 03:04 PM
Thanks, Dailon!

2016 GOTY nominations (needs editing!): Crashlands, FFIX, Sky Force Reloaded, Lost Socks, Tennis Champs Returns, Teeny Titans, Human Resource Machine, Imbroglio, Retsnom, SteamWorld Heist
Comeback of the year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
09-28-2016, 03:52 PM
A perfect score on the AppStore, looks appealing!
09-28-2016, 04:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noteatino View Post
A perfect score on the AppStore, looks appealing!
It's created by one of the guys that worked with the IBM Watson computer
You communicate with an old soviet CPU that think it's still Cold War pretty intense at times if you can get into the story which was easy to me
Every decision you make def has major consequences good and bad
09-28-2016, 05:36 PM
I've felt that the interactive text-based genre has been oversaturated, but this game brought me back with its unique stylings and gameplay. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
09-28-2016, 06:38 PM
Whew, that was short - but a really fun experience. Got two endings left to get. Nice script, didn't feel too railroaded, and I really like the concept behind it. Would like to see more, but don't really know how the developer would take it on - feels like the best bit of the story is already done.

2016 GOTY nominations (needs editing!): Crashlands, FFIX, Sky Force Reloaded, Lost Socks, Tennis Champs Returns, Teeny Titans, Human Resource Machine, Imbroglio, Retsnom, SteamWorld Heist
09-28-2016, 08:07 PM
This is by far my favorite of the text messaging genre. The personality of the computer is very well-defined and the concept and interaction very interesting and engaging. I am not surprised that it went free so fast because it does not seem to have garnered a significant reaction, unfortunately, especially here on the TA forums. I hope they are able to recoup the production costs and generate enough money to develop a follow-up. I was very pleased with the experience and very disappointed when it ended because I was so eager to continue my adventure with Komrad.
09-29-2016, 01:41 AM
Is it the free app of the week? Seems possible. I've left a review on the App Store, anyway. Hope they get some buzz.