★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: About Fun
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 135.6 MB
  • Version: 2.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating: 4.5 (2)
App description: Dig deep, and drill your way to adventure! Tiny Miners are here to fill your phone with treasure (and dirt lots and lots of dirt).

Tiny Miners is a game of survival, crafting, and fast-paced action. Send your tiny miner deep into the bowels of the Earth. Steer left and right to avoid obstacles. Gather up ingredients, and then turn those ingredients into tools you can use to dig even deeper!

Tiny Miners is the latest game from About Fun, creators of Apples Best of 2013 featured Mega Dead Pixel.

Tiny Miners features include:
- Digging: Whether you prefer a shovel, a pickaxe, or a drill, its time to get your hands dirty
- Crafting: Combine any two ingredients to discover new recipes for top notch mining gear
- Danger: Protect the health of your miner while dodging hazards to collect spectacular loot
- Dead Dinosaurs: Dig deep enough and youre bound to stumble across a T-Rex or two
- Clans: Why clash when you can dig? Work with your friends to earn big clan prizes

Dig deep. Play deeper.

Like us: www.facebook.com/tinyminersgame
Follow us: www.twitter.com/tinyminersgame

Boardumb's comments:

09-30-2016, 05:43 PM
Not digging the terrible energy system I would gladly pay to get rid of it, but 2 bucks for only two extra units of energy is way too greedy.

It's a fun game though, I especially like the crafting system.

10-01-2016, 10:43 AM
Really like this game! Hope it gets more coverage so it will be updated
10-01-2016, 12:25 PM
soo many mining, drilling, digging games....
10-02-2016, 11:26 AM
The worst nuisance is the awfully limited inventory space, which gets more and more expensive to expand. Losing a rare item you just got from a mine because your inventory is full and you have no money to expand it is just not fun!

My advice: don't waste your hard earned diamonds to open chests. You'll need them to expand the inventory, and to craft and repair higher quality gear.
10-12-2016, 06:16 AM
Tiny Miners update!

Hi everyone! Thanks for playing Tiny Miners. We've got a new update for you:
10-12-2016, 03:51 PM
I really like this game, it's really hard sometimes, but it's fun to collect the materials needed to craft the next piece of gear that gives you just enough HP/MP to unlock the next mine.

At first I had a problem with inventory space and crystals but after saving up and increasing it 3 times I finally have enough slots to get by. I wish I could upgrade it one more time but I am not going to waste 300 crystals on it.

Now comes the major flaw of this game, coins. During the early/middle portion of the game this is not an issue and I even had 200,000+ coins saved up by the time I reached somewhere around mine 80-90. But getting from there to mine 103 where I am now the repair cost of high level gear outpaces the amount of coins you can earn from normal mines and I am down to 76,000 coins.

For example, you can earn about 1,500 per mine and 2,500 bonus if you 3 start it. So that's 4,000 per dig if you do well. Each piece of gear has on average about 8 durability and costs on average about 9000 coins to repair.
So every 8 mines you play earns you 32,000 and costs you 54,000. Fail/die/lose at any point and you just cost yourself big-time.

I can already see the point at which I will have 0 coins and completely broken gear and at that point there is nothing I can do but quit, spend real money to buy coins, or watch adds and hope it gives me coins instead of stupid Fire starters. You can't even spend crystals to buy coins, which seems a little weird.

Obviously they are pointing you to buy the coin doubler in which case this whole issue becomes moot. But for those of us who don't want to spend money this is a definite wall near the late game. I hope the devs listen to this and can address this issue, whether it means converting crystals into coins or reducing repair costs or increasing durability I don't care. Heck, even having some kind of coin mine where you can earn tons of coins once per day I'll take that. Maybe they could add gold bars that aren't used in crafting but sell for a lot of coins while their at it.

Until then, my 76,000 won't last long...

Edit: Oh jeez, it just got worse! The new HP based clothes I crafted called Steampunk Clothes costs 33,200 coins AND 5 crystals to repair... That is outrageous!!

Last edited by panfried; 10-13-2016 at 09:50 AM.
10-16-2016, 06:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by panfried View Post
Edit: Oh jeez, it just got worse! The new HP based clothes I crafted called Steampunk Clothes costs 33,200 coins AND 5 crystals to repair... That is outrageous!!
Hi Panfried, thank you very much for all your feedback. We are working very hard to improve Tiny Miners. At the moment we are still adjusting repairing system. Also, we will think about improving inventory space. We want to make well ballanced game and with this feedback you are helping us a lot! Thank you again.

Paying 33,200 coins AND 5 crystals to repair Steampunk clothes is strange. We will definitely look into it and we will fix it until the next update.

Thank you for your support and for your help!
10-16-2016, 09:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by About_Fun View Post
Hi Panfried, thank you very much for all your feedback. We are working very hard to improve Tiny Miners. At the moment we are still adjusting repairing system. Also, we will think about improving inventory space. We want to make well ballanced game and with this feedback you are helping us a lot! Thank you again.

Paying 33,200 coins AND 5 crystals to repair Steampunk clothes is strange. We will definitely look into it and we will fix it until the next update.

Thank you for your support and for your help!
I can confirm 33,200 coins plus 5 crystals to repair the Steampunk clothes.

I'm glad you guys are willing to improve the inventory and make the game more balanced. It's a really fun game, I love the crafting system, but it can be really frustrating at times - I once lost a great helmet from a chest because my inventory was full and I didn't had enough crystals to expand.

And I reiterate that I'm willing to pay $5 for unlimited energy, but I won't spend more cash on consumables (already bought a pack of 100 crystals to try and support you guys).
10-19-2016, 03:35 PM
After the update I've been getting a decent amount of crystals from the mines, and the time to recharge energy seems to have been significantly reduced. So I decided to buy the coin doubler IAP, I think it's fair enough and really helps with the repair expenses of higher grade gear.

Now my only complaint is the limited inventory. I'm a completionist and really dislike the idea of destroying items I've crafted :/