★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: David Kelly
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 5.0 MB
  • Version: 1.0
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Coretex is a new and innovative puzzle game for iPhone and iPod touch.
Set within a nuclear reactor core on the brink of meltdown, this action puzzle will test your skill and wits to avert the impending disaster. Pit yourself against two different gameplay modes and rack up a score on the global leaderboard.

GAME STORY:
You are an engineer at a nuclear power plant. Due to a major lapse in protocol the reactor core has been drained of coolant and the uranium rods are heating up to critical levels. You control the core inspection robot and must reduce the temperate of the rods before they explode and the core ruptures killing millions.

HOW TO PLAY:
Move the robot about the core cooling as you go, targeting hot spots and swinging into heater bots to prevent them exploding rods.
Swing the robot about fixed center claw by touching and dragging the free claw (the one with arrows). When both claws are locked onto rods tap the center claw to switch it to become the free claw then start swinging again. Pinch screen to get an overview of the core and lookout for heater bots.

Gameplay Video:
http://www.youtube.com/Coretexgame

FEATURES (v1.0):
Fun and challenging touch mechanic
2 gameplay modes
Varying difficulty levels for a real challenge.
Global Leaderboard
Pause and resume your game at any time
Settings menu with independent soundfx and music volume

jasonsmith's comments:
Searched, couldn't find it. Looks good.

10-15-2009, 09:06 PM
Yeah your right dl now

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com

10-15-2009, 09:27 PM
I tried it a little last night. I find the controls a bit off. When I'm trying to move the robot arm, it just turns. When I'm trying to turn it, it moves. Sometimes I don't know if I have moved or if I've turned the robot. Despite the in-game "About" info, I don't understand this game.
10-15-2009, 10:14 PM
Yep have to admit, just when I got the hang of moving the arm around and cooling I didn't know what to do next. Seems as though all I did was move around and cool cores with no end...

It's an option packed game, too bad it's tough to figure out.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
10-15-2009, 10:43 PM
I have no issue with the controls but just how to stay "unexplode" is kinda hard for me...even at the easiest setting.

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
10-15-2009, 11:10 PM
I know it looks cool and the premise is cool but... Where's the dev? I think we need some help.

Currently Playing - Space Miner / Wooden Labyrinth 3D / Star Hogs / Isotope / Pool Rebel
Front Page Tug Boat "Radar"
Beta Testing - iPhone 3G S⃣
10-16-2009, 12:14 AM
well, i hope the game can resume...i'm at 1100+ seconds on my current game

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-16-2009, 12:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilishly Good View Post
well, i hope the game can resume...i'm at 1100+ seconds on my current game
Ah, may be I should go back to the Help screen...

The Unofficial Touch Arcade's Captain Slow(TM)

Honestly, I was never terribly good at games. - Finch (PoI S2E16)
10-16-2009, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by currymutton View Post
Ah, may be I should go back to the Help screen...
basically you just have to "walk" your controller arm around the reactor, you need to constantly hit the snowflake and hold it down for a second or 2 to make the rods cool to green. There will also be a rather quiet "chime" type noise that signifies a heater bot is coming, you will see on your radar one of the control rods get highlighted...quick as you can "walk" your arm over there and use the swinging end to grab onto the rod the heater bot is on...this will knock it off and then you can cool that rod

...just keep on the move constantly and keep cooling rods as you go, if you don't then other areas of the reactor will just start getting warmer gradually so in between heater bot attacks, just move around and cool stuff

...you can use a pinch on the main play area to see the whole reactor and it goes back to a zoomed view when you let go...that way you can see what areas of the reactor are starting to get hot

...be sure to kill the heater bots quick as they will destroy rods and you can only lose 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-16-2009, 06:03 AM
Hi folks, I developed 'coretex' (one man spare time project) should be live on all stores now, just search coretex. Glad you guys are playing it, and really appreciate feedback. Devilishly good is exactly right about how to play. I expected people to jump in without Reading the guide and feel they achieved somthing if they figured out controls. If game is popular enough to warrant updates then I will add a tutorial on first play, in the mean time I will get on to adding a how to play to the website: www.newleafgames.com

Last edited by David4482; 10-16-2009 at 06:27 AM.