★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Katamari-Framerate issues still?

12-26-2008, 07:49 PM
Katamari-Framerate issues still?

Ive never really gotten a straight answer from anyone, so here goes:

With the update does the game still have framerate issues in the iTouch 2G?

Thankss
12-26-2008, 07:53 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
1. You could've just asked the question in the title of this thread. We're supposed to keep the titles descriptive/informative so we know what the thread is about.

2. Didn't the update completely fix all the framerate issues? If it fixed it for anyone else, it most likely fixed it for the 2G since the 2G has the most processing power of all the iDevices.

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge

12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Monopoly View Post
Ive never really gotten a straight answer from anyone, so here goes:

With the update does the game still have framerate issues in the iTouch 2G?

Thankss
I don't seem to notice any problem with it anymore.
12-26-2008, 08:01 PM
You could have just asked him (^^^), he knows everything...
AND NOT ZENRIC, ISTOP.
12-26-2008, 08:02 PM
Send a message via AIM to istopmotion Send a message via MSN to istopmotion
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fazzy View Post
You could have just asked him (^^^), he knows everything...
AND NOT ZENRIC, ISTOP.
Thanks!

Please follow me on Twitter!
I LOVE all Guitar Hero/Rock Band games. Gamertag is 'istopmotion' Add me if you want a challenge
12-26-2008, 08:17 PM
actually I was thinking about the same thing.
I am more curious about the controls and content actually... now that hearing people say that the framerate is good enough for play.

If you'd cared, the game dosen't save when you are interrupted (phone call, pressing home button, and crashing won't save your game).

The reviews are of mixed... there are fans of the game then there are many people still disappointed (1 to 3 star reviews). I only counted the reviews from people who played (who said they played) version 1.01.
12-26-2008, 08:18 PM
I have a touch 2G and it's perfect
12-26-2008, 08:21 PM
On my iPhone 3G, I think both the controls anf framerate are fantastic. Katamari is one of my favorite games I have on my phone.
12-26-2008, 08:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gospel9 View Post
actually I was thinking about the same thing.
I am more curious about the controls and content actually... now that hearing people say that the framerate is good enough for play.

If you'd cared, the game dosen't save when you are interrupted (phone call, pressing home button, and crashing won't save your game).

The reviews are of mixed... there are fans of the game then there are many people still disappointed (1 to 3 star reviews). I only counted the reviews from people who played (who said they played) version 1.01.
turning is a bit awkward still, but once you get used it the controls are fine. The button to flip your character around is invaluable.
12-26-2008, 09:10 PM
Send a message via AIM to matt
I have a G1 iPod Touch and it runs perfectly fine. There is still that stupid slow down animation that does cause the game's frame rate to drop, but its only for a few seconds.

A word of advice do not play the game for an extended period of time because you can get a headache from its graphics. Of course this just could be but I haven't had any other issues with the other games.

Still its worth a buy.

@mmccarty

Gameloft LIVE: mattmccarty