★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: As a Quantum Chromodynamic Cyclotron, or Chromodyne, operator, you are the last line of defense the Earth has against interstellar catastrophe! Should the planet become endangered by an asteroid, comet or some other Massive Extra-Solar Smasher (MESS for short) it is your job to use the Chromodyne to combine exotic matter, shooting it into the MESS and causing it to shrink and eventually phase out of our universe, thus saving the Earth from certain doom! The job isn't easy (and quite possibly thankless) but saving the world seldom is.

Should there be no pending disaster, many a Chromodyne operator enjoys honing his or her skills by finding a rogue black hole and seeing how long they can keep it's mass below a certain size.

Gameplay is a twist on the traditional match-three style, with 5 concentric rings made up of different colored shapes. You have to touch and rotate the rings and line up 3 or more of the same color and shape in a line going towards the center in order to clean up the MESS and add to your score.

Chromodyne offers two exciting play modes to keep you coming back for more:

* Story Mode describes the epic struggle between a pair of sinister aliens and you, the lone Chromodyne operator, who stands between the Earth and the MESSes that the aliens throw at it.

* Survival Mode pits you against an ever-expanding black hole. Keep it from growing too large for as long as you can!
10-16-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks Skyye!

10-16-2009, 12:15 AM
that was unexpected, i thought this was still in review

...I was looking at the mech on your desk to see if I could id it...i have no idea but I just gonna give a wild guess...is it from the patlabor series?

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.

Last edited by Devilishly Good; 10-16-2009 at 12:18 AM.
10-16-2009, 12:21 AM
It was in review... until a few hours ago. Apparently it only took them 8 days o_O

Anyway, Patlabor, while a favorite of mine is not correct.

It comes from an anime that came out a few years before Patlabor, though the same decade
10-16-2009, 12:29 AM
I'll make a guess too, is it from Gundam?

10chars
10-16-2009, 12:32 AM
I can't tell that much but the structure does look similar to a gundam but if it's not I have to say macross/evangelion.

You can contact me @ Skyye06@gmail.com
10-16-2009, 12:37 AM
I have to get some sleep, but let me say that skyye is very close to the answer!
10-16-2009, 12:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGSColin View Post
I have to get some sleep, but let me say that skyye is very close to the answer!
lol getting off topic but I have to say robotech

10-16-2009, 12:42 AM
xD okay... given the off topic drift we're getting into here and the lateness of it all, I'm going to declare skyye the winner.

It is a VF-1S Valkyrie

10-16-2009, 12:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGSColin View Post
xD okay... given the off topic drift we're getting into here and the lateness of it all, I'm going to declare skyye the winner.

It is a VF-1S Valkyrie

lol whoo-hoo. I knew it wouldn't really be a gundam seeing that the structure was too slim...was fascinated about mechs/mechs in anime when I was a kid.