★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Road Hunter is a top down racing game where you must reach your destination by any means necessary. Use your driving skills or open fire on your opponents! Race across different landscapes including grass, desert and water. Road Hunter is a modern remake of an arcade classic.

FEATURES

- 10 Levels with increasing difficulty
- Gorgeous rendered 2D graphics
- Realistic explosions and smoke effects
- Listen to the pumping bass track or your own music
- Blast enemy racers with your minigun and missiles.
- Use your turbocharger to leave other racers behind
- Pick up bonus items during the race to help you to complete the level
10-16-2009, 03:32 AM
What are the control methods for this game?

Artwork, animation & UI-design for Beyond Ynth Parachute Panic Chicken Raid
Multiple icon-sets design for Thingy Blox

10-16-2009, 05:30 AM
So, this is a Spy Hunter knock off, and looks like a nice one at that!
10-16-2009, 05:46 AM
The screenshots look very promising but it would be great to get a video of the gameplay.
10-17-2009, 02:29 AM
Nice to see that someone has already noticed my new game! Yes it certainly was inspired by Spy Hunter. The controls are using the accelerometer to steer and accelerate the vehicle, and touch for the weapon/turbo.

I am planning a 'lite' version and a youtube video, so you will be able to have a look at the gameplay.

Jack
10-17-2009, 04:07 AM
Ok I tried this game out. Very good job Im surprised how good your first iphone app came out. All the controls work fine, steering with the accelerometer works good. Accelerating and slowing down by tilting forward and back is ok, I would prefer a gas pedal instead maybe right under the turbo button but thats just my preference theres nothing really flawed about your design setup. The gameplay is good, fun and overall this app handles better than a lot of other similiar racers in the store. Id be interested to hear if you plan on adding anything more in as far as special items, ammo, powerups to juice up the gameplay some more.
10-17-2009, 05:00 AM
Welcome to TA Jack! We love devs interacting with us!

Thanks Freedog for the review. So, what are those oranges in the road??
10-17-2009, 05:05 AM
Thanks for the feedback. I had a lot of ideas for weapons and special items on the drawing board when I started, including missiles, mines etc. It's quite a balance getting the gameplay just right (not too easy or hard) so what I've tried to do in version 1 is just get something out that is playable. But I certainly see plenty of scope for upgrades in future versions, I'll keep working on it!
10-17-2009, 05:07 AM
Those colored bubbles contain points, ammo, turbo boosts, armor...
Every time you make contact with another vehicle which is often your armor bar will deplete from taking damage. Pretty much everything you have is numbered and limited and you have to collect replenishments along the way.
10-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Yes Jack more weaponry and ammo types would be a great addition.