★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: AutoTrafego V1.1 - Traffic Management

10-16-2009, 02:49 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
AutoTrafego V1.1 - Traffic Management

Hi guys,

We just released version 1.1 of AutoTrafego, our traffic management game.

AutoTrafego V1.1 is so different that it is almost a new game. We have listened to our customers' comments and made many improvements.

First of all, the scoring has been tuned down a notch. It should be far easier to reach excellent ratings. We have also made the Vortex easier to use. Just press the icon once and all intersections will clear up. A briefing sheet at the beginning of each level explains the scoring and targets and now there are many in-game visual scoring cues. Last but not least, the city select screen has been totally redesigned.

And watch out for a little surprise that should be released very soon.
10-16-2009, 03:45 AM
Good job guys. I think that new selection screen is great. As far as traffic management games go this looks better than others.

10-16-2009, 04:10 AM
Send a message via AIM to kohjingyu
10-16-2009, 07:52 AM
Just gave the new version some play. I think it's great that I don't suck so bad any more. I like how it's easier to score well. The graphics were good before but they are tweaked even more and it adds to the experience. The thing I like best is the instant feedback when you score or lose points. I think this will be helpful to new users to understand what is good or bad.
10-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Thanks guy. We appreciate your support.
10-16-2009, 12:24 PM
This is a great update in my opinion. It preserved what made AutoTrafego fresh and fun for me, and reduced the level of frustration.

This is a deep game. There really is no easy way of 'gaming' the system. You can overdo something (like vortices, or light changes), and lose too many points needlessly.

I second DieMonstersDie. The current update has better game balance for casual players, IMO, and the visual feedback lets you know whats going on from a scoring perspective.

I have had AutoTrafego on my touch for awhile, but would only play it sparingly. I never got good enough to progress in the game. Now I can start to 'get it', a little more, and still be challenged

I like the first splashscreen for each level that basically let you know the rundown on what needs to get accomplished in the level, and what needs to be avoided. In the previous version I needed to die a couple of times to reliably know what the goals meant.

Galactic Gunner: Commander (Order of the Cosmos)
Device: iTouch 1st gen, 3.1.2
Plus+: phantomluisra
Kitty-Chan Batallion
10-16-2009, 02:48 PM
Thanks lvillalt99. You should be a review writer.

Yeah, the difficulty and lack of goals/feedback, was the main complaint against 1.0. Sometimes you can be too much in the game you develop and forget to step back and look at things like that.
10-16-2009, 10:27 PM
The 1.1 lite version is also out now.

And be sure to check the Halloween Edition:

http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=29623

Thanks again for your support!