The Absolute Best SHMUPs?

Discussion in 'General Game Discussion and Questions' started by Jayg2015, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Jayg2015

Jayg2015 Well-Known Member

Jan 5, 2015
    Male
    Player 1
    Liberty city
    Here are the ones that I can't get enough of and I've only Played a hand full total .
    I need help with finding more
    Air attack
    Air attack 2
    Bullet hell Monday
    Phoenix hd
    Phoenix 2
    Skyforce 2014
    Skyforce reloaded

I love upgrades and grinding out currency

2. Nekko

Nekko Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2014
    Tokyo-3
    If you like Bullet Hell Monday then check out Ito's other games: .Decluster and .Decluster Zero. Both are really good. The Danmaku Unlimited games are great too. Plus every single CAVE game on the App Store.

3. Baron Cappuccino

Baron Cappuccino Well-Known Member
    Patreon Bronze

Aug 1, 2011
    Member-Owner Steampunk Cafe, LLC
    Plainfield, CT
    #3 Baron Cappuccino, Oct 9, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2016
    Operation Dracula is my favorite. Playing it brings back fond memories of going to the movies with friends and having dozens of 90s-Man goading me into playing his arcade games. Somehow, they even acquired the rights to the 90s arcade game rock song. The atmosphere is flawless.

4. 7lilwhitewolf7

7lilwhitewolf7 Well-Known Member

Feb 1, 2012
    Male
    Not hear on earth
    Georgia,Cleveland Ohio,Texas,New York
    #4 7lilwhitewolf7, Oct 15, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2016

WOW
    How bout an Eyedea on starting a thread on the specifics of this and control options. Again the Dev of Vritra for it'z control options are 4evr Amazing. Shmup/Bullet Heaven-RPG-whowouldathunkit?! i wonder what was the first to have these elements. When genres merge it'z a very # thang especially wit this #1###

Lightning Fighter 2
    Alot gears to grind and it seems the content shows in the specials

Heli Hell
    Since this came out i have been noticing great change in the areas of your upgraded arsenal and sound efx

Battle 3D:2 Iron Punch
    It'z a ###BATTEL###symphony in the sky.
    the soundtrack... !!!!!!! yes indeedy

Mech Shooter 3D
    Time and time again i keep telling myself im' going to get to 1000#

Astro Boy
    It starts off slow then gets insane to the point when you get in a relative control zen like state

Grow Shooter [it'z gone out the AppStore]
    Same
    To be able to level up your posse and see the difference in clearing pathways 4rm increasing your mana to have more powerful shots. Also to change your enemies drop rate iz something not cleary explained. After i noticed the shield would not last long on any upgrade tho it seemed to double the bullets turned into rupees and more experience

Toon Shooters
    Funtaztic grind and charcters

Venom Blast
    Tell me you don't find those options on specials cool let alone the Boss fights

Gun Spirits EV
    I recently seen some dream art for a Bayonetta Shmup/Bullet Heaven
    I figure these options to be this free & to sell back
    unwanted items iz a plus for her, if it could one day be a reality to have that on our iDevices