★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Heron: Steam Machine is Triangle Studios' take on the pipe puzzle format. In Heron: Steam Machine, players have to connect pipes to keep the Steam Machine running. The gameplay mechanic is simple and addictive, anybody can learn to play Heron within minutes, but only experts are able to achieve the highest scores.

Key features:
* Addictive singleplayer fun for all ages.
* High quality 2D Graphics.
* Upbeat soundtrack.
* Highscores.

The story:
For many years, a mechanic named Ron has been working at the factory for Rubber Duckies. One day, the owner of the factory decided to retire, and leave the family business to his evil son, who has different plans with the factory altogether. The evil son doubled production targets for the factory, and as a result, Ron has to work at least twice as hard to keep up with the high demands of his new boss. The player has to help Ron out in the factory, and together they face the challenge of keeping the Steam Machine from breaking down!

Instructions:
Heron: Steam Machine is a game about a factory where rubber duckies are being produced by a large steam engine. On this steam engine, there are four different gauges which you will have to watch carefully.

These gauges represent steam (green), electricity (yellow), water (blue) and oil (red). When the gauges start to rise, you will have to connect a pipe with the color corresponding with the gauge. Green pipes for steam, yellow ones for electricity, the blue pipes for water and the red ones for oil. Gauges will only rise when an entry- and exit point of the same color appears on the screen.

By connecting the pipes, you will earn points and relieve some of the pressure, keeping the machine running just a little bit longer! If one of the gauges reaches it's maximum, the machine will eventually blow up, and the game is over.

About Triangle Studios:
Dutch game development company Triangle Studios was founded in 2006, the now three year old company is developing games for Nintendo DS, Wii and iPhone. Last year, Triangle Studios has received a Dutch Game Award for best mobile/handheld game of 2008, for its Nintendo DS title: Stratego: Next Edition.
10-21-2009, 07:58 AM
Looks like a nice game. Anyone tried it yet?

10-21-2009, 08:00 AM
apparently this is a wii game, here's some video from the wii version but guess it will give us an idea of how it plays

Youtube link | Pop Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzlakalonji View Post
I don't want to alarm anyone, but I just played this, felt a tingle, rushed to the bathroom, and urinated rainbows and glitter.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sammysin View Post
Yesss, I'm off for a leak to see if the same happens for me.
10-21-2009, 08:01 AM
Looks like a great pipe game, bu nonetheless just a pipe game. I wonder if the highscores are online though.

Crystal, OpenFeint, Plus+, Disc Drivin: Prab | Game Center: PrabSG
10-21-2009, 09:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prab View Post
Looks like a great pipe game, bu nonetheless just a pipe game. I wonder if the highscores are online though.
Yeh, the trailer looks promising.
10-22-2009, 08:41 AM
Heron: Steam Machine ($0.99)

Hey guys! My name is Remco, from Triangle Studios, Dutch developer and creator of Heron: Steam Machine. A colleague pointed me to the forums and I decided to create a thread so I could tell you about our game!

Facts
Title: Heron: Steam Machine
Platform: iPhone
Prijs: $0.99 / 0.79
Release: October 16, 2009
Language: English

Heron: Steam Machine is a game about a factory where rubber duckies are being produced by a large steam engine. On this steam engine, there are four different gauges which you will have to watch carefully.

These gauges represent steam, electricity, water and oil. When the gauges start to rise, you will have to connect a pipe with the color corresponding with the gauge. By connecting the pipes, you will earn points and relieve some of the pressure, keeping the machine running just a little bit longer! If one of the gauges reaches it's maximum, the machine will eventually blow up, and the game is over.

We're proud of the fact that the game is very easy to understand, you'll be able to pick it up and play right away. In our opinion, it is perfect for those 5 to 10 minute waiting times! Right now, Heron: Steam Machine has local high score lists, but we are expanding the game with Plus+ functionality, so you can expect Achievements and Leaderboards in the near future.

That's cool man!
It sure is! If you think the game is cool, and you'd like to do a review about it on your blog, forum or website. Let me know so I can provide you with a Promo code!

10-22-2009, 11:07 AM
Thanks for combining the topics :-) Didn't know you guys already had this information! I'd love to get some feedback about the game!
10-22-2009, 11:21 AM
It is good fun but my one suggestion is that they add a "Help" option to the Main Menu which, above all else, would include explanations of the power-ups (I understand them now only because I asked the developers directly).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-22-2009, 11:26 AM
Correct, we're adding a help function to the game. Basically, the extra pipes help you release pressure even more
10-22-2009, 05:42 PM
Are there online highscores?