★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Set in a Cubist-style world, Crap! Im Broke: Out of Pocket is a hectic life management game. Do mini-game style jobs (like scrubbing dishes and flip burgers) to avoid eviction and keep starvation at bay. Dodge death... and debt!

- Enjoy a Cubist-inspired game world and a jazzy soundtrack by underground musician Kimono.

- Pursue a variety of careers as dishwasher, human statue, bouncer and many more!

- Play fun mini-game jobs -- and do whatever it takes to pay those bills.

- Use your newfound disposable income to buy items, unlock perks, and earn new jobs -- spending as wisely or as recklessly as you see fit.

- Save spare time between levels and unlock micro-games.

- Choose and accomplish New Years resolutions and collect lifetime memories.

- Be a Good Samaritan and reap rewards -- or misbehave and be met with bad luck -- with an in-game karma system.

- Buy items at the in-game webshop that may grant you perks and access to new areas.

Andy C83's comments:

10-11-2016, 11:43 AM
Any thoughts on this one?

Hello all,

I'm a big fan of incremental games and "life building" type games. Does this fit that style at all? I don't know much about this one...

I'd like to have some clue as to what is going on before I drop the cash.

10-11-2016, 12:42 PM
While it's basically a tap and swipe game with a life sim wrapping, it could be a lot of fun but currently you get so many random bills added to your ongoing bills that you constantly are in debt or borderline in debt and never have money to buy any of the upgrades or items. I already had to sell off the one trophy I won to cover random bills added one month, then I was evicted to following month and had to start the year over again because three extra added bills were added to my ongoing bills.

Last edited by ojtitus; 10-11-2016 at 03:36 PM.
10-11-2016, 02:56 PM
Looks interesting
10-11-2016, 03:36 PM
Ok, so after starting a new game and playing more strategically I have been able to make enough money to actually make some headway and buy some upgrades and those have been allowing me to keep my head above water financially. Biggest tip is if a good paying job is not available play the next best job for a few seconds then quit and a better paying job should be available. So, I recommend this game but be aware it is not a mindless tap and swipe game.
10-11-2016, 05:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
Ok, so after starting a new game and playing more strategically I have been able to make enough money to actually make some headway and buy some upgrades and those have been allowing me to keep my head above water financially. Biggest tip is if a good paying job is not available play the next best job for a few seconds then quit and a better paying job should be available. So, I recommend this game but be aware it is not a mindless tap and swipe game.
Would you recommend starting over even if I can start off on Year 2? It seems like no matter what I do (continuing), I'm absolutely doomed.

"I am virgin, I'm a whore! Giving nothing; the taker, the maker of war!" - Black Sabbath, "I"
10-11-2016, 06:24 PM
Can anyone tell me if the game is good enough worth buying I saw something about this online about 5 months ago. I think T.A. was covering some game conference and the devs were there showing off there game. It looked interesting I was waiting for some feedback on it to decide if I should get it or not

Last edited by yankeeblue000; 10-11-2016 at 07:10 PM.
10-11-2016, 07:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by metalcasket View Post
Would you recommend starting over even if I can start off on Year 2? It seems like no matter what I do (continuing), I'm absolutely doomed.
Seems like you've answered your own question but I'll reinforce, yes, you should restart. And like I said in my previous post, if you can't play one of the better jobs(public performance, factory, or bouncing), play one of the lesser jobs for a couple seconds and quit and one of the better jobs will be available.

Edit: I am currently in December of my 2nd year and here is a picture of my finances.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	5
Size:	164.2 KB
ID:	107491  

Last edited by ojtitus; 10-11-2016 at 07:38 PM.
10-11-2016, 07:50 PM
I was about to die of hunger, made it to the house, and I couldn't enter. I was tapping the door like crazy, to no effect, and died. IPhone 6s Plus.
10-11-2016, 08:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwubbs View Post
I was about to die of hunger, made it to the house, and I couldn't enter. I was tapping the door like crazy, to no effect, and died. IPhone 6s Plus.
Are you aware that you character has to be in the doorway to enter? I only ask because I died the same way before because I was not able to make it to the actual doorway before dying but now I have the Diet Crystal, so I don't use a whole hunger bar in one month anymore. I just have to remember to eat before I pay my bills.