★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Toon Shooters 2 (Mooff Games)

10-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Toon Shooters 2 - Co-op side scrolling Shmup - also MFI, apple TV (Mooff Games)

Hi Guys,

5 years after Toon Shooters the Shmup scene hasn't changed much. We learned some lessons from Blackmoor and a few other games, which I hope we can show in this sequel. We (thats me, Simon and new boy Ricky) want to deliver a good 4 player Co-op experience this time, its 10 tightly designed stages with 12 bosses, 6 characters and 8 pets.

Plot goes something like this:
"today is the 5th anniversary of that terrible day when our fleet was wiped out by 8 mercenary cartoon characters from earth, I was just doing an internship onboard the Super Sky Breaker when the entire ship nose dived into our giant Death er... Star type station. It was a massacre…..*sob* But this time everything is going as planned and we will fulfill our boyhood dream to kill all humans!"

Last edited by kwokx@hotmail.com; 10-13-2016 at 10:34 PM.
10-12-2016, 12:44 PM
Cool! Toon Shooters is still one of my VERY favorite games of its type! Such awesome controls---why can't all shooters have such great controls?! And the cartoon graphics are so colorful and spectacular! And the explosions are just what they should be! An unforgettable experience IMO! If this is gonna be as incredible as that, I'm all in! 😃

10-12-2016, 12:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwokx@hotmail.com View Post
Hi Guys,

5 years after Toon Shooters the Shmup scene hasn't changed much. We learned some lessons from Blackmoor and a few other games, which I hope we can show in this sequel. We (thats me, Simon and new boy Ricky) want to deliver a good 4 player Co-op experience this time, its 10 tightly designed stages with 12 bosses, 6 characters and 8 pets.

Plot goes something like this:
"today is the 5th anniversary of that terrible day when our fleet was wiped out by 8 mercenary cartoon characters from earth, I was just doing an internship onboard the Super Sky Breaker when the entire ship nose dived into our giant Death er... Star type station. It was a massacre…..*sob* But this time everything is going as planned and we will fulfill our boyhood dream to kill all humans!"

Trailer - if the link doesn't work you can watch it at our website or Facebook page.
https://youtu.be/GLHYEnOrAyg
The game looks cool. Was that a 2-player mode I saw in the trailer?
10-12-2016, 01:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Cool! Toon Shooters is still one of my VERY favorite games of its type!
Thanks for your long term support! how far did you get? Hopefully we've beaten the inflation and this game is better now than what Toon Shooters was to the market 5 years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Ronald H Lo View Post
The game looks cool. Was that a 2-player mode I saw in the trailer?
That was three players you saw in the trailer, we've set the max as 4, but if the screen isn't too crazy, maybe we can increase it.
10-12-2016, 07:11 PM
YES!!!!! Still on my device since day one lol
10-12-2016, 07:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwokx@hotmail.com View Post
Thanks for your long term support! how far did you get? Hopefully we've beaten the inflation and this game is better now than what Toon Shooters was to the market 5 years ago.
You know, honestly I don't remember. It's been a long time since I've played it, but this reminds me to pick it up again! Got so many games, and so busy all over the place, but I still couldn't help but see that the new game is coming out, and one can be sure I'll be grabbing it right away! 👍🏼
10-12-2016, 08:08 PM
Incredible, gonna be great for sure.
10-13-2016, 12:38 AM
Eta?

First one was sooo great!!!
10-13-2016, 01:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Wolf View Post
Eta?

First one was sooo great!!!
We are just testing the game for bugs now and letting Apple look at it, I'd say it should arrive in about 2 weeks.
10-13-2016, 04:44 AM
MFI MFI MFI, controller support would be awesome!!