★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Red7: The Official Digital (mobile) Version of A Cult Card Game

Don't follow the rules. Change them!

In Red7, there are no second places. You're the best or you lose. You win your round or it's game over, but it's not a game of chance. If you can't meet the winning criteria, you can change the rules and force your opponents to obey it. This simple twist makes Red7 as unpredictable and exciting as an action game, while preserving its deeply tactical essence.

Features

7 colors, 7 numbers, 7 rules, and infinite ways to play
Three language versions: ENG, DE, PL
Interactive tutorial
Single player mode
Multiplayer for 2-4 players
Pass&Play mode play with others using a single device
Easy invites for your friends

Red7 card game has been nominated for GOLDEN GEEK AWARD 2014 in following categories:

Best Card Game
Best Family Game
Best Party Game
Most Innovative Game

Challenge Your Mind

Download Red7 on your device.

Red7's website: www.red7rules.com
Red7 uses analytics services to gather information about the app's usage. No private information is gathered in this way.
10-12-2016, 03:44 PM
Curious about how does it play in pass & play. It's there hidden information between the players?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10-14-2016, 07:26 AM
I'm surprised this hasn't had any impressions..?
10-14-2016, 09:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gquiller View Post
I'm surprised this hasn't had any impressions..?
I can tell you I've had 5 crashes in like 20 minutes. Waiting for a patch now. The game (ruleset) itself does seem interesting. Especially the advanced variant with special abilities.
10-14-2016, 12:53 PM
Ok here are my thoughts

- game mechanics seem interesting, never heard of or played the desktop version
- it's a very quick game, 2 player against AI is just a couple of minutes. It's quite fun but I think I will need to add the variation options soon or start playing humans
- thank goodness they patched the cards as the hand gestures were awful. They still have issues (see below)
- I'll be looking forward to the classic skin, even though I'm not a user who is trying to recreate desktop version

Some issues
- why is the 'please throw the game' button so prominent... right in the middle of the screen? This seems odd and has caused a few thrown game. I can't fathom why it should be so prominent.

- the card gestures are improved, but when you want to review what a card's rule is, you tap on the card. When you do this and let go, that card moves to the far right of the hand. This is pretty annoying when you are learning the game and is poor that every time you touch press a card (but don't move it) it will always move to the far right.

- edit.. you play to palette, then rules pile

- edit... screen rotation doesn't work

- app crashes after being put into background.

So overall a bit underwhelmed, but if some UI improved and multiplayer is good, I'll stick with it.

Last edited by skoptic; 10-17-2016 at 04:24 PM.
10-15-2016, 01:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by skoptic View Post
Ok here are my thoughts

- game mechanics seem interesting, never heard of or played the desktop version
- it's a very quick game, 2 player against AI is just a couple of minutes. It's quite fun but I think I will need to add the variation options soon or start playing humans
- thank goodness they patched the cards as the hand gestures were awful. They still have issues (see below)
- I'll be looking forward to the classic skin, even though I'm not a user who is trying to recreate desktop version

Some issues
- why is the 'please throw the game' button so prominent... right in the middle of the screen? This seems odd and has caused a few thrown game. I can't fathom why it should be so prominent.

- the card gestures are improved, but when you want to review what a card's rule is, you tap on the card. When you do this and let go, that card moves to the far right of the hand. This is pretty annoying when you are learning the game and is poor that every time you touch press a card (but don't move it) it will always move to the far right.

- either I'm getting the rules wrong or it's buggy. If I can play 2 cards on a turn (1 to change rules, one to my palette) - I should be able on my first go, (when second in turn order and with opponent having a yellow7 and purple2) to change the rules to 'same number' and play a blue7 (this would mean I have 2 7's, blue and green), but it won't allow me to play the card. 2 of any colour / number should beat 1!?

- app crashes after being put into background.

So overall a bit underwhelmed, but if some UI improved and multiplayer is good, I'll stick with it.
Is there single player? Thanks for impressions too
10-18-2016, 08:48 PM
good game but..

need urgently fix some bugs. the other people already have what. sorry for bad english
10-19-2016, 07:32 PM
Found this from BGG. Looks interesting.

https://youtu.be/KhwmiSZND5Y
11-05-2016, 08:43 PM
man, after the updates, this game ia awesome, but, i have only one important request:
the AI really needs more speed, sometimes (most of then) the AI takes too much time to make decisions.
if you devs make this update, the game will be perfect...
Thanks...
11-23-2016, 08:26 PM
Yes, the last update...

Very well done, this update make the app better, but still need more IA speed. For example: the IA have only 2 cards in hand, and mine have no cards, its simple to make a decision to win, but the "computer" take too much time to do that...
anyway, i really like this game...