★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Game recommendations here

10-12-2016, 07:52 PM
Game recommendations here

I was wondering what games would you suggest I should play on my
iPad and iPhone?
All I have right now is
IPad
Infinity Blade 1-3
Leo's Fortune
Implosion
Fahrenheit
Hitman Go
Lara Croft GO

If you can separate what would be played better on iPhone or ipad
10-13-2016, 06:55 AM
It really depends on what kinds of games you like. But I'll recommend The World Ends With You anyway, for story, gameplay and music. It's a very different kind of RPG. I played it on an iPhone 4S, so you certainly don't need to use your iPad for that.

If you're a complete iOS newbie, other staples include The Room (the whole series); Sorcery 1-4 and/or 80 Days (which is on sale now); Transistor; Teeny Titans; Sky Force Reloaded; Monster Hunter Freedom Unite; and Goblin Sword. All are perfect on the phone, though it's nice playing The Room series and Transistor on a bigger screen.

Have fun!

2016 GOTY nominations (needs editing!): Crashlands, FFIX, Sky Force Reloaded, Lost Socks, Tennis Champs Returns, Teeny Titans, Human Resource Machine, Imbroglio, Retsnom, SteamWorld Heist
Comeback of the year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite

10-13-2016, 08:12 AM
I love RPGs/action adventure/visual novels/ the only puzzle I like are the stacking kind like Tetris or bust-a-move/ horror/side scroller
The only issue I see with side scrolling is my hands can't really play sidescrolling on the iPad because of the large screen but I have the mfi controller
10-13-2016, 08:18 AM
But yeah looking for staples for the platform but this time not only just for my iPad but I got an iPhone 5s to split it with now.
10-13-2016, 09:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertking24 View Post
I love RPGs/action adventure/visual novels/ the only puzzle I like are the stacking kind like Tetris or bust-a-move/ horror/side scroller
The only issue I see with side scrolling is my hands can't really play sidescrolling on the iPad because of the large screen but I have the mfi controller
Device 6, Ace Attorney (all games, since Apollo Justice is coming), A Dark Room, Mage Gauntlet, Steins;Gate, Swordigo, Year Walk, Wayward Souls (if you don't mind the rogue aspect), Ghost Trick, Attack the Light.

All of them play greatly on iphone.
10-13-2016, 10:20 AM
I love rogue games
10-13-2016, 11:54 AM
Quote:
I love rogue games
Oh well, in that case, try the Michael Brough games 868-HACK and Imbroglio. They are like nothing else. And I reckon they're better on the phone, as they're so condensed, though there's nothing stopping you playing them on an iPad.

Sproggiwood is another great roguelike. And everyone has been raving about Crypt of the Necrodancer, but I haven't got that myself yet.

2016 GOTY nominations (needs editing!): Crashlands, FFIX, Sky Force Reloaded, Lost Socks, Tennis Champs Returns, Teeny Titans, Human Resource Machine, Imbroglio, Retsnom, SteamWorld Heist
Comeback of the year: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
10-13-2016, 01:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangutanKungfu View Post
Oh well, in that case, try the Michael Brough games 868-HACK and Imbroglio. They are like nothing else. And I reckon they're better on the phone, as they're so condensed, though there's nothing stopping you playing them on an iPad.
I have to give them a try, since I've heard so many great things.

I am afraid that I am not smart enough to enjoy them, though. lol

Quote:
I love rogue games
So, I strongly recommend Wayward Souls (it was even the game of the year here on Touch Arcade). The controls are perfect on iphone and the action is so much fun, even if it is very hard!

Last edited by Dankrio; 10-13-2016 at 01:34 PM.
10-13-2016, 02:34 PM
The best rogues I've played are Sproggiwood and Hoplite.
10-13-2016, 03:45 PM
Faster Than Light
80 Days
Downwell