★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A+ for chess nerd cleverness. ~ (Rock Paper Shotgun)

//MOVELESS CHESS - Chess puzzles without moving your pieces!
Moveless Chess is an innovative chess game developed by Beavl. Your objective is to checkmate the black king without moving your pieces. But how then? By transforming your pieces into new ones. Every transformation costs Action Points (APs) and every level has a limited amount of APs. So use them wisely!

//INITIAL RELEASE!
* Unique gameplay with amazing retro feel.
* A clever set of rules to cheat AI.
* 64 levels to solve.
* OST by amazing TranceCyberian.
* Pixels, pixels and more pixels by talented pixel artist Aikalen.
* One IAP to remove both timer and ads
* We'll be updating it with new levels every week or so!

//NOTE
Moveless Chess was originally made for last ludum dare. Theme for this edition was "shapeshifting" and Moveless Chess finished 3rd in innovation! (out of more than 1.1K entries from all around the world).

//MORE PRESS QUOTES
A clever take on chess ~ (Toucharcade)

"By stripping the classic game of one of its building blocks, designer and developer Nico Saraintaris teaches a very old dog some great new tricks. Meanwhile, Aikalens pixel art and theme add a lovely fantasy flare reminiscent of PC classics like Battle Chess." ~ (Gamezebo)

Follow us! > http://twitter.com/beavlgames
10-12-2016, 10:18 PM
Interesting. How exactly are the levels different from each other though?

10-12-2016, 10:36 PM
The pieces are arranged differently so that you have to make different pieces to trap the king.
It's a great game! I'm still stuck on level 16.
10-13-2016, 03:45 AM
It's like puzzles it's really nice with 0.99 iap
10-13-2016, 05:43 AM
Thank you guys for downloading and playing the game!

It's always nice to hear someone is playing something that you've made

Hope you are enjoying it as much as we enjoy working on it! Really... On release day and we're designing more levels and thinking about some surprises for future updates...

Cheers from Argentina!

Beavl - Putting some teeth into videogames.
Web / Twitter / Facebook
10-13-2016, 08:10 AM
Two great chess-themed games launched on the same day and I paid the iapy to unlock both full name. This game is really fun making for some very interesting chess puzzles. However, when I tried the hints on my Air, none were forthcoming. I played through the first 5 levels and all I get is "Enough of these hints". Is this intentional?
10-13-2016, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
Two great chess-themed games launched on the same day and I paid the iapy to unlock both full name. This game is really fun making for some very interesting chess puzzles. However, when I tried the hints on my Air, none were forthcoming. I played through the first 5 levels and all I get is "Enough of these hints". Is this intentional?
I think it is just to get you started. Really wish you could get more

Edit: you didnt get any? I got few but then same as you
10-13-2016, 08:37 AM
I love this concept but I'm so awful at chess I can't even complete the first level lol
10-13-2016, 08:44 AM
I hope tons of people buy this so the devs can update Faif 🙂

I am glad they will update with more levels but man Indont think I'll ever get to 64.

A daily challenge level might be cool, and the leaderboards would be based on the time it took to win it.
10-13-2016, 08:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexanderHamilton View Post
I love this concept but I'm so awful at chess I can't even complete the first level lol
You'll start to get the hang of it. Iits like Portal, you feel like a genius when you win one lol