★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Head off on a spooky, undead quest to find your body parts and reclaim your throne as king of the land.

In this platformer runner you will upgrade from a sad bag of bones who cant even jump, to a double-jumping, wall-bouncing, coin-absorbing, vengeful King.

Features:
- Over 100 Levels across 4 environments
- Tons of upgrades such as double jump, spike boots, and a better hippocampus!
- Amazing pixel art and effects
- More than a dozen enemies and obstacles
- A beard

Join the FREE adventurer's club to get special cheat codes and secrets delivered to your mailbox: http://eepurl.com/bemIsP

Follow me on Twitter:
www.twitter.com/adventuremtn
10-17-2016, 07:42 PM
Why has no one commented on this one yet? Looks really cool!

10-17-2016, 07:53 PM
Too busy downloading!
10-17-2016, 08:16 PM
Thanks, Repulsa for starting this thread. I had no idea it was out.

I really like it so far. I guess it's a metroidvania. You can see other places you can go on the levels I've played so far but can't get there because they require wall jump or other abilities I haven't unlocked yet. It's pretty neat how some of your abilities come from getting your body parts back. I like the way the life energy works. Each action you take uses some of your life as does getting hit and walking. You really have to manage your actions to make it to the end of each level.

Great job, Chris. By the way, I don't see the in-app store for the iap. Did you leave out or am I just missing it?

One more thing. Please when you start playing don't let the lack of sound turn you off. The sound turns on once you've bought your ears back. And it turns to color when you get your eyes. I think that's so clever.

Last edited by sobriquet; 10-17-2016 at 08:24 PM.
10-17-2016, 08:19 PM
Wow so many issues. The icon turned into some really weird green symbol that appears to have nothing to do with the game. The sound in the game is horrible. The whole time playing there is some weird white noise in the background, and a very annoying click sound after every jump. Also It's weird that when you jump on an enemy there is no sound. This game is definitely not worth three bucks. Should have been free with ads, with optional Iap to turn ads off. This game feels unfinished. Edit: maybe the sound gets better when you buy ears?
10-17-2016, 08:19 PM
Can't believe no one has left anything positive or at all yet. Should be 5 pages deep right now.
I guess everyone is too busy playing though.
Perfect price for this .
10-17-2016, 08:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrwubbs View Post
Wow so many issues. The icon turned into some really weird green symbol that appears to have nothing to do with the game. The sound in the game is horrible. The whole time playing there is some weird white noise in the background, and a very annoying click sound after every jump. Also It's weird that when you jump on an enemy there is no sound. This game is definitely not worth three bucks. Should have been free with ads, with optional Iap to turn ads off. This game feels unfinished. Edit: maybe the sound gets better when you buy ears?
This gave me pause from hitting "buy". Will wait for more impressions.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
10-17-2016, 08:27 PM
Did you guys not see my post above? I talked about this exact thing.
10-17-2016, 08:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColeDaddy View Post
This gave me pause from hitting "buy". Will wait for more impressions.
I take it back about sound.
10-17-2016, 08:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sobriquet View Post
Did you guys not see my post above? I talked about this exact thing.
Sorry, no I didn't. I feel silly now, in sorry I said bad things. That clicking sound was excruciating. The ears where the best in game investment ever lol.