★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: ++ Launch Discount - 50% OFF ++

Tap the screen to launch missiles and lasers to blast enemies out of the sky!

Humanity is at stake, we need you! As commander-in-chief, use your unique arsenal of nukes, lasers, stasis missiles and airstrikes to dish out mass destruction upon the incoming forces.

Each level equips you with the needed resources to succeed. Tap on the screen to automatically fire missiles and blast your enemies out of the sky. With each level, the invaders get tougher, but so will your own arsenal of weapons. Use them to outsmart your enemy and save us from destruction.

Invasion Defence is easy to play but you will need both skill and logic to succeed. You can unlock 4 power-ups that will aid you on your journey.

Make haste, humanity depends on you!

alekm's comments:

Trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Level 6 Gameplay + Developer Commentary:

Youtube link | Pop Up

For more info:
http://www.invasiondefence.com

Note: Discount codes available for media upon request (PM me or tweet @alekmlynek). Press Kit located on the bottom of website.
10-18-2016, 12:35 PM
I didn't get from the video how the game is controlled.

Do you tap on the enemies? How does it work? I might buy the game and do a full review. I just would like to know more about the control scheme.

I love the art style. Did you do it all yourself?

Billy

10-18-2016, 12:51 PM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Thanks so much for checking it out and the feedback Billy!

I think I need to make a short gameplay trailer as you're not the first one who mentioned this. Going to try to do that today/tomorrow.

Everything in the game, art and development is my work, really happy you like the style.

Gameplay:
The way it works is, when you tap onto the screen, a missile will be launched there from an available turret. If there are multiple turrets on the field, they auto switch when one becomes available as they have a short reload time.

Super-weapons, like lasers or stasis missiles have to be tapped on first, then fired. This is to give you some control over how you want to deploy them as they will give you an advantage if used correctly.

Each level gives you a weapon layout that you have to use to the best of your abilities.

-- Edit --
Tried to send you a promo code, your inbox is full though. PM me or send me a DM on Twitter @alekmlynek

Last edited by alekm; 10-18-2016 at 12:54 PM.
10-18-2016, 02:05 PM
Loving this game so far. Also fr only .99 right now is awesome!!
The pixel style and gameplay are what drew me to it .
I've only played for 30 minutes and can't wait to play some more ... Just needed to stop and leave this here so I didn't forget.
10-18-2016, 03:48 PM
I have to say I've played a few minutes and so far I like it. The tutorial is pretty good at explaining things and showing strategy.

I need to play more before I can give a full review but initial impressions are pretty good. It's fun. I really really like the artwork. I also haven't had any issues like crashes or lag or anything.

I'm using the iPhone 6 running iOS 9.3.5

Also is is a full premium experience.

Billy
10-18-2016, 07:13 PM
Thanks to both of you for giving my game a shot. As promised, I've attached a YouTube video that has roughly 5 minutes of gameplay plus some commentary. If you don't want to hear me talking simply hit mute and blast your own tunes!

The gameplay goes through level 6 and explains some of the mechanics and general gameplay.

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-18-2016, 07:41 PM
Looks very interesting, no type of leaderboards or infinite score mode is there ?
10-18-2016, 10:10 PM
Thanks esty8nine,

Nothing like that right now. I'm not oppose to leaderboards or infinite gameplay, its really just an issue of time. I've thought about both as well as an RTS mode or even offline mode.

For now focusing on the continuation of core gameplay. Its really subtle, but this game is driven by a physics engine. Rockets are propelled by a force, and enemies pulled by gravity. Really trying to push for more interesting things in future chapters that use some of those things.

Having said that, if enough people want certain features or modes, I'm listening.
10-18-2016, 11:53 PM
Thanks for the reply
10-19-2016, 02:49 PM
How do you use the first power up? I do have it in a slot but I do not see it anywhere on the screen? I'm on the 4th level.

It really is tough getting that 3rd star. I actually like that.

Billy