★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A sorcerer's apprentice falls headfirst into romance, magic, and mystery! You, the player, are a prodigy of the magical arts, left to your own devices by your wandering mentor. In his absence, you will find yourself at the heart of a whirlwind adventure, but danger looms ever present... As the plot deepens, so too shall the feelings of your many lovely suitors!

This app is a free-to-play demo of the prologue to our tale. Want to see more? Check out our Kickstarter: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/nixhydra/the-arcana-visual-novel
10-18-2016, 08:25 PM
The game plays like a visual novel. The artwork is great and the story interesting. The only complaint is the UI lags a bit and the config UI is tiny on my 5s. Also a bug if you tap more than one card on the first reading the story gets confused and repeats itself for a few minutes.

Just needs a little more polish but very cool story.

Edit: looks like this is just a demo. As the description says. The demo should point to the website perhaps when you are done.

Last edited by triptych; 10-18-2016 at 08:32 PM.

10-19-2016, 04:58 AM
Not working for me :(

As soon as I see the very first graphic screen..it seems to be loading..then it closes out to the desktop any ideas on a fix for this? I am running an IPAD 4.

10-19-2016, 02:56 PM
Hm, these are the guys that did that social-egg game. A visual novel is an interesting follow-up
10-19-2016, 10:20 PM
So it's not a card game, or replayable?
10-22-2016, 02:58 AM
Originally Posted by vectorarchitekt View Post
So it's not a card game, or replayable?
I'd say this is just a taster, and if they can maintain the quality, we can expect something pretty awesome. I'm in!
10-22-2016, 01:16 PM
There seems to be a kickstarter currently running to fund the rest of this, but you don't actually get the game for backing...

"Various restrictions in various app stores limit our ability to offer the game to Kickstarter backers. The prologue is available for free, and each characters story route will be unlockable for a modest $1.99 (subject to change)."

The prologue was enjoyable so I hope they make more, even though I can't justify donating with those rewards myself.