★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Swing King and the Temple of Bling

10-19-2016, 09:10 AM
Junior Member [Original Poster]
Swing King and the Temple of Bling

Hi TA my name is Greg and I run a small 2 man studio called Shedworks, from (you guessed it) my shed.

I wanted to share our upcoming game, Swing King and the Temple of Bling

We've been working on this for a few months now with a fellow developer we met at the London Indies pub night and now I finally feel like it's progressed enough to start showing people and getting outside opinions.

The core gameplay of the game revolves around swinging around poles to navigate through environments and solving puzzles in your hunt for treasure. We have a ton of mechanics all built into our level design, and we're adding more as we go. I'll be sharing more in the next few weeks up to release.

10-19-2016, 09:50 AM
Looking great! Can't wait to see it on best new games.

10-19-2016, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 0Hayes View Post
Looking great! Can't wait to see it on best new games.
Thanks! Fingers crossed!
10-19-2016, 11:48 AM
This looks like a fun game, I like puzzle games combined with platforming and peg swinging.

Good luck with your further development and launching of the game, I am gonna play for sure.

Oh one thing, I really like the name of the game as most games have stupid names this one is rather funny and unique.

Last edited by ROGER-NL; 10-19-2016 at 11:51 AM.
10-19-2016, 11:52 AM
Great, great name.
10-19-2016, 05:53 PM
I just registered an account to comment on this thread. This game looks fantastic, can't wait to see more of it! I'm also making a very level-content-heavy arcade style game for mobile. Would love to trade notes, keep up the awesome work!
10-20-2016, 03:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeygames View Post
I just registered an account to comment on this thread. This game looks fantastic, can't wait to see more of it! I'm also making a very level-content-heavy arcade style game for mobile. Would love to trade notes, keep up the awesome work!
Oh wow! High praise, thank you very much. I'd be interested in seeing the game you're working on for sure, do you have any links?
10-20-2016, 03:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ROGER-NL View Post
This looks like a fun game, I like puzzle games combined with platforming and peg swinging.

Good luck with your further development and launching of the game, I am gonna play for sure.

Oh one thing, I really like the name of the game as most games have stupid names this one is rather funny and unique.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
Great, great name.
I'm glad people are enjoying the name! We wanted a bit of a fun Indiana Jones-esque title. When we made ourselves laugh with the name we were happy to pick this one!
10-21-2016, 09:31 AM
I thought I'd drop a small update about a few mechanics we are exploring at the moment. The most obvious are the mechanical clamping doors. Players will have to time their swings to get through these doors or, in some cases, bounce off them to open up new routes.

Another shown in the gifs below are the sticky spider webs. These allow players to choose when to eject themselves from a specific position, crucial for timing.

I'd love to hear what people think of these mechanics and how we might use them!

10-21-2016, 10:43 AM
New mechanics look great.

It's a one touch game right, the monkey holds itself on to the pegs and keeps turning till you tap again right.